Come grow your career at Teal while helping others grow theirs!
Are you excited by the challenge of growing a consumer platform from 50,000 to 500,000 to 5,000,000 users? Is owning the full growth loop from awareness to retention an experience you want on your resume? Then please hit that apply button and join us at Teal as we build the first genuinely B2C platform to help people grow and manage their careers. To get a better sense of how we do this, here is a quick video video explaining our platform https://tealhq.co/3IH6xcV
As a Sr. Growth Marketing Manager at Teal You Will:
- Own, create, and lead acquisition strategy, making sure it aligns with business objectives. Laser-focused on acquiring customers in a way that lowers CAC and increases LTV.
- Oversee and manage the marketing budget (6 figure to 7 figure budgets) against acquisition targets, reallocating when necessary.
- Measure, track, and interpret key marketing performance metrics (KPIs). Create and maintain dashboards and reports to communicate insights to leadership. Able to build reporting from the ground up.
- Plan, launch, and execute SEO strategy to acquire customers
- Deep knowledge, expertise, and successful track record of developing and leading high ROI strategies for SEO
- Own the process for A/B testing from brainstorming, test design, synthesis of results, recommendations based on results, and implementation of those recommendations to optimize marketing campaign effectiveness
- Analyze data from marketing campaigns to understand performance and trends, present insights and recommendations to stakeholders
- Work with external vendors, partners, and agencies to execute marketing campaigns. Foster the relationship with these external parties.
- Belief and excitement in the company's mission
- 4+ years in a relevant experience (we will consider people with less experience but the compensation listed below will most likely change)
- Strong experimenting and analytical skills.
- Understanding of growth marketing channels.
Skills & Tools You Will Use And Learn:
- Amplitude, Facebook Ad Manager, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, SEM Rush, AHREFs, Adwords, Marketing Automation, Funnels, Hotjar, Data Studio, Tableau, Hubspot, Webflow, Google Optimize, A/B Testing, Product Analytics, Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
What Awesome Looks Like:
At 1 month:
- The focus of month 1 is learning. Learning about our users, their challenges, and how we solve them.
- You will have audited our current channels, funnels and loops.
- You will study our existing data sets and growth platforms.
- You will have audited our SEO strategy & performance to date.
At 3 months:
- You have led the successful launches 5-10 growth experiments (we run them weekly)
- You will have command of our various growth channels (Mainly SEO and some paid)
- You will be managing and projecting growth budgets
- We will have launched an updated SEO plans and have at least 1 month of content published.
At 6 months:
- You will have a strong command of CAC to LTV
- You will know which channels will be “doubling down” on
- You will have a better sense of the most effective growth loops for Teal
- We are seeing an increase in our organic traffic and month over month growth from organic channels
You Have Experience:
- Working in a fast-paced & high growth environment (e.g. startups) with short turnaround time on projects and rapidly changing priorities.
- Setting up marketing processes and campaigns in a way that can be easily scaled as the company continues to grow.
- Strong analytical skills, able to analyze data across multiple channels (SEM, Social, Web, etc)
- A deep understanding of SEO and organic growth channels with a focus on either the technical aspects of SEO.
- Analyzing data from marketing campaigns to understand performance and trends, present insights and data-driven recommendations, and implement the recommendations
- With Tools including Google Analytics, Amplitude, HubSpot, Hotjar
What We Offer:
- Salary Range: $120,000 - $160,000 depending on seniority & geography
- Incentive Stock Options proportionate to salary
- Fully remote work & remote office stipend (coworking, laptop, etc.)
- No team meetings on Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays
- Career development stipend + Subscription to Reforge.com
- Unlimited vacation and sick days
- 12 week paid parental leave
- 80 - 100% coverage of health insurance for full family, Commuter Benefits & 401K Benefits with company matching.
- Guaranteed 1-month severance.
Who We Are:
A small team of innovative, collaborative, and dedicated individuals passionate about helping people build meaningful careers. Our backgrounds range from Architecture to Digital Design and from Human Resources to Software Engineering. We are travelers, pet lovers, musicians, parents, scuba divers, podcasters, readers, gamers, croquet players, and puzzle masters. We focus on aligning intentions, resulting in fewer miscommunications, fewer meetings, and better outcomes. We adhere to a “what-by-when” mentality, which means the hours you keep are up to you, and we value your ability to set expectations and do your best to meet them.
Our Hiring Process:
- We read every application and make our best effort to reply to everyone.
- Please read the job description. We love when people strive but if you do not meet more than 50% of the requirements, we are less likely to respond.
- Goal: High level qualifications & mutual fit
- 30 minute zoom with 1 Teal person
- We make sure to preserve 10 minutes for your questions.
- We will provide the question and guidance in advance.
- Goals: Deeper understanding of qualifications
- 1 hour zoom with 1 to 2 Teal people
- First 30 minutes we will dive into a past project
- Second 30 minutes we will talk through a current Teal challenge
- All material will be provided in advance
- Goal: Meet more of the Team
- 30 minute zoom with 1 to 2 Teal people
Our Operating Values:
- Trust First
- Take Initiative
- There’s Got to Be a Better Way
- Start & End With Intentions
- Test & Learn Openly
- No Prolonged Discomfort
- Embrace Feedback
Commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity: (Come as you are. Feel welcome. Feel safe.) We are committed to safeguarding our workplace from all forms of discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, military status, or family status. This commitment extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, interviewing, selection, hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, and benefits.