We believe everyone should achieve career growth on their own terms. To make this a reality, we are building the first personal career growth management platform that helps everyone make confident career decisions from the day they start working to the day they retire.
Companies have HR, but most employees really only have... Google…. Does the idea of empowering every professional in the world with the tools, insights and guidance for their career appeal to you? Do you believe a Calm or Strava for careers should exist? Do you think your research skills feel like a perfect fit for this massive problem?
Teal is building the most comprehensive skills, career path and career education resource in the world to help our members level up. As the team's first-ever SEO and editorial lead, you'll have the opportunity to own all aspects of SEO and editorial content strategy and execution, including everything from keyword research to people management to content auditing. You will report directly to the head of growth and business development.
- Oversee editorial, technical and off-page SEO efforts with support from freelancers and agencies where necessary.
- Develop an editorial content calendar based on business goals and thorough keyword research.
- Ensure all articles and product pages on Teal's site are optimized for searchability and include the right keywords.
- Establish Teal's editorial function from the ground up, helping define brand voice and positioning Teal as a high-quality, authoritative destination for career growth resources.
- Partner with brand marketing lead to align on-platform editorial strategy to organic social media campaigns.
- Work closely with product and revenue teams to ensure content drives business growth, including increased new member sign ups, newsletter subscriptions and revenue.
- 7+ years progressive responsibility in SEO and content marketing
- Expert at keyword research and content auditing with past experience using tools like Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SEMrush, Amplitude, Ahrefs
- Able to analyze data, discover trends and make decisions based on independent findings
- Comfortable working in remote environment
- People management experience preferred
Who We Are:
A small team of innovative, collaborative, and dedicated individuals passionate about helping people build meaningful careers. Our backgrounds range from Architecture to Digital Design and from Human Resources to Software Engineering. We are travelers, pet lovers, musicians, parents, scuba divers, podcasters, readers, gamers, croquet players, and puzzle masters. We focus on aligning intentions, which typically results in less miscommunications, fewer meetings, and better outcomes. We adhere to a “what-by-when” mentality, which means the hours you keep are up to you, and we value your ability to set expectations and do your best to meet them.
What We Offer:
- Salary Range: $120,000 to $150,000 depending on seniority & geography
- Incentive Stock Options proportionate to salary
- Fully remote work team & remote office stipend (coworking, laptop, etc.)
- Career development stipend
- Unlimited vacation and sick days
- 12 week paid parental leave
- 80 - 100% coverage of health insurance, Commuter Benefits & 401K Benefits with company matching.
- Guaranteed 1-month severance if things don’t work out. You are trusting us with your career, and we want you to know we take it seriously.
Our Hiring Process:
- We read every application and make our best effort to reply to everyone.
- Please read the job description. We love when people strive but if you do not meet more than 50% of the requirements, we are less likely to respond.
- Goal: High level qualifications & mutual fit
- 30 minute zoom with 1 Teal person
- We make sure to preserve 10 minutes for your questions.
- We will provide the question and guidance in advance.
- Goal: Meet more of the Team
- 30 minute zoom with 2 Teal people
- Goals: Deeper understanding of qualifications
- 90 minute zoom with 2 Teal people
- First 30 minutes we will ask some questions
- Second 30 minutes we will discuss a past project of yours
- Final 30 minutes we will go over how you might solve a problem
Commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity: (Come as you are. Feel welcome. Feel safe.) We are committed to safeguarding our workplace from all forms of discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, military status, or family status. This commitment extends to all aspects of the employment relationship including recruiting, interviewing, selection, hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, and benefits.