Have you ever struggled with career decisions? Have you ever needed to be the friend that helped someone wrestle with finding a job or getting unstuck at work? Does the idea of designing a platform that helps people make the best and most informed career decisions excite you? Then you should consider helping us deliver on our mission: enabling fulfilling careers by providing technology, content & support that travels with YOU from job to job.
As Lead Product Designer at Teal, YOU will help lead and define the design, vision and strategy for all products across the Teal platform. YOU will interpret customer needs and turn them into thoughtful design solutions.
As Lead Product Designer at Teal You Will:
- Deliver design products from discovery to launch
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to ensure design is realized across all platforms
- Ensure user feedback is applied to all designs to deliver an exemplar member experience
- Innovate at all stages of product conceptualization and design strategy
- Discover and recommend design tools and new initiatives
- Develop and shape the company’s design standards and processes
- Grow and build the design team
You Have Experience:
- Designing consumer apps & tools
- Using Figma and Adobe Suite
- Designing Wireframes, UX & UI
- Conducting customer research; ranging from interviewing/surveying to usability tests
- Designing cross-platform experiences (mobile, web, email etc)
- Working on end-to-end digital product design for 5+ years (we do not eliminate candidates based on years of experience so if you think you can handle the role, please apply)
What Awesome Looks Like:
- In 1 month you have a very strong understanding of what our members want and more importantly need to build fulfilling careers.
- In 3 months we have a clear picture of the main apps in the platform and you have helped invent and design them.
- In 6 months our tools have been in the hands of our members for months. Through member interviews and usage data we continue to make the experience increasingly delightful.
What We Offer:
- Fully remote work team
- Unlimited vacation and sick days
- 16 week paid maternity / paternity leave
- 80% coverage of health insurance for full family, Commuter Benefits & 401K Benefits with company matching.
- Guaranteed 1 month severance if things don’t work out. You are trusting us with your career, we want you to know we take it seriously.
- Budgeted Salary Range: $120,000 - $140,000 (computed based on level, function and geography)
Commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity & Harassment: (Come as you are. Feel welcome. Feel safe.) We are committed to safeguarding our workplace from all forms of discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, military status, or family status. This commitment extends to all aspects of the employment relationship including recruiting, interviewing, selection, hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, and benefits.