This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
Ripple is seeking a Business Development leader to focus on supporting Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) initiatives in the Asia Pacific region. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in business development and sales, with a track record of closing unique deals and engaging with senior executives in the financial industry. They will be responsible for developing Ripple's strategy for central bank engagements, managing partnerships with central banks and commercial entities, and staying informed on industry developments related to digital assets and blockchain technology. This role requires strong communication skills, a deep understanding of the FinTech and Blockchain ecosystems in Asia, and the ability to quickly learn and present complex technology products.
- Further develop Ripple's strategy for central bank engagements in partnership with Ripple leadership, product management, engineering, regulatory relations, and marketing teams.
- Own partnerships with central banks and relevant commercial entities on CBDC projects, proactively managing a target list and pipeline of banks and projects, driving the deal process from start to finish.
- Develop business plans, proposals, or pitches for prospective partners.
- Attain a strong working knowledge of the product, to present and demo in partner meetings.
- Serve as a conduit for feedback between central bank partners and our internal teams.
- Develop strong relationships with banks and their technology partners, and educate this ecosystem of players on CBDCs.
- Stay abreast of the industry landscape and key developments related to central banks' adoption of digital assets and blockchain technology.
- 12+ years in enterprise technology sales or business development, with experience selling to large financial institutions, central banks, and Governments.
- Experience in developing first of a kind partnerships and sales.
- Global and Enterprise solution sales experience is strongly preferred.
- Possess a strong network of financial services, central bank executives and influencers.
- Adept at learning, and quickly developing a strong command of new, complex technology products and systems.
- Excel at handling the full partner lifecycle, from developing market strategy to managing a pipeline to closing deals and driving successful implementations.
- Experience with relationship building and influencing externally, in any given market, and internally with partners on a team.
- An understanding of how central bank systems and/or digital assets and distributed ledger technologies work is preferred but not required.
- Understanding of relevant regulations and how to navigate them is also preferred.
- Well organized, with a strong attention to detail, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- MBA preferred.
- 12+ years of experience in enterprise technology sales or business development
- Experience selling to large financial institutions, central banks, and governments
- Track record of developing first-of-a-kind partnerships and sales
- Strong network of financial services, central bank executives, and influencers
- Global and enterprise solution sales experience preferred
- Adept at quickly learning and developing a strong command of new, complex technology products and systems
- Ability to handle the full partner lifecycle, from developing market strategy to closing deals and driving successful implementations
- Experience with relationship building and influencing externally and internally
- Understanding of central bank systems, digital assets, and distributed ledger technologies preferred
- Familiarity with relevant regulations and ability to navigate them preferred
- Well-organized with strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- MBA preferred
- Opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- Learning environment with the opportunity to dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Professional development budget to support other modes of learning
- Inclusive and diverse work environment where every employee is respected, valued, and empowered
- Flexible work options, including the option to work from home or from offices
- Weekly all-company meetings with the Leadership Team for business updates and discussions
- Team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours, and more
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits covering physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
- Twice a quarter R&R days for rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy with flexibility to take time off when needed
- Industry-leading parental leave policies and family planning benefits
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and fun events
This is some text inside of a div block.