This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The Director of Data and Analytics at Ripple will be responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive data and analytics strategy aligned with the company's objectives. They will lead a team of data analysts, engineers, and scientists and collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand their needs. The role requires expertise in data architecture, system design, and data governance, as well as experience in building data systems and experimentation frameworks. The Director will foster a data-driven culture, promote data literacy, and ensure operational excellence. They should have strong communication skills and the ability to empower and inspire teams.
- Co-lead the development and implementation of a comprehensive data and analytics strategy aligned with Ripple's objectives and goals.
- Lead and manage a team of data analysts, engineers, and scientists.
- Co-develop and maintain data governance policies and procedures with key partners to ensure compliance with relevant regulations and industry standards.
- Play a critical role in defining the data architecture and a system design that will guarantee real-time data availability, consistency, and integrity.
- Work with cross-functional teams including product, engineering, marketing, finance, Revenue Operations to understand their needs.
- Stay on top of the emerging trends to drive innovation and improvement.
- Foster a data-driven culture across the organization by promoting data literacy and the use of data-driven decision frameworks.
- Role model and cultivate operational excellence by monitoring and reporting on all key engineering metrics related to data and analytics.
- Achieve best-in-class customer experience at optimal infrastructure cost.
- Support, grow, and mentor Engineering Managers and individual contributors in your org.
- Be responsible for budgeting within the department and resource planning to meet project objectives.
- 15 years of experience in a Data and analytics environment
- 10+ years of engineering management experience in building and scaling a data infrastructure team operating high-scale cloud infrastructure
- Proven technical background and large-scale practical experience with Databricks, NoSQL, ETL, Tableau, reporting and self-serve analytical tools
- DevOps and test frameworks experience
- Proven experience with various data modeling techniques
- Solid understanding of data integration, quality, and governance
- Experience building multi-petabyte data warehouses and understanding of the challenges building analytical solutions for both internal and external customers
- Understanding of AI/ML technologies and experience building experimentation frameworks
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, SQL, AWS data solutions and offerings
- Excellent communication skills and ability to empower and inspire teams
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to articulate sophisticated data topics into easy to understand insights for non-technical audiences
- The capability to synthesize inputs from engineering teams and develop a streamlined long-term roadmap, that can adjust and realign at the speed of the business
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, equivalent training, or work experience.
- Opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- Learning environment with the opportunity to dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Professional development budget to support other modes of learning
- Inclusive and diverse work environment where every employee is respected, valued, and empowered
- Flexible work options, including the option to work from home or from offices
- Weekly all-company meetings with business updates and Q&A sessions with the Leadership Team
- Team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours, and other social events
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits covering physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match program
- Mobile phone stipend
- Twice a quarter R&R days for rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite and virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy with flexibility to take time off when needed
- Industry-leading parental leave policies and family planning benefits
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks and beverages, and plenty of fun events
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.