This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
This job is for a senior engineering talent at Ripple, a company focused on building a world where value moves like information. The role involves defining the future state system architecture and engineering best practices, contributing to the development of the Payments at 10X roadmap, and representing the company in enterprise-level engineering decisions. The ideal candidate should have extensive experience in designing and developing complex distributed systems, as well as mentoring and growing engineers at all levels. They should also have strong communication skills and be able to present to broad audiences and senior leadership.
- Define the future state system architecture and engineering best practices
- Contribute to the definition and evolution of the Payments at 10X roadmap
- Represent the company in Ripple enterprise level engineering decisions
- Work closely with product managers and customer facing functions to ensure a frictionless and differentiating customer experience
- Define and orchestrate engineering forums to elevate engineering standards and enable continuous improvements
- Build highly available, scalable, distributed systems and share experience and knowledge with the engineering community
- Bring clarity to ambiguous situations and influence people at all levels and across organizations
- Stay updated on industry evolution in the blockchain and crypto world from the payments standpoint
- Mentor and provide guidance in the career development of others
- Design and develop complex distributed systems
- Contribute to large scale projects as an architect or key individual contributor
- Work with Java, Python, NoSQL, and RDBMS
- Craft multi-year engineering roadmap based on product strategies
- Mentor and grow engineers at all levels
- Work with private and public clouds (AWS, GCP) and capacity management principles
- Migrate systems from a monolith architecture to microservices based systems
- Lead software evaluation and decision making processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Present to broad audiences and senior leadership
- At least 12+ years' experience in designing and developing complex distributed systems with at least 5+ years of experience contributing to large scale projects as an architect or as a key individual contributor.
- 5+ years of experience in Java is required. Working experience with Python, NoSQL, RDBMS is preferred.
- Experience crafting or contributing to multi-year engineering roadmap based on product strategies.
- Experience in mentoring and growing engineers at all levels.
- Experience working with private and public clouds (AWS, GCP) and capacity management principles.
- Prior experience in migrating systems from a monolith architecture to microservices based systems is preferred.
- Have prior experience leading software evaluation and decision making processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience presenting to broad audiences and to senior leadership.
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
- Twice a quarter R&R days for rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy
- Industry-leading parental leave policies and family planning benefits
- Catered lunches and fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages
- Team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours, and more
- Flexible work options (work from home or office)
- Learning environment with professional development budget
- Opportunity to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- Inclusive and diverse team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience presenting to broad audiences and senior leadership.
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.