Reddit is an online platform that enables users to submit links, create content, and have discussions about the topics of their interest. Users can post links to content on the web and then the other users can vote the posted links up or down, causing them to appear more or less prominently on the site’s home page. The site has discussion areas where users can discuss the posted links, and vote for or against others’ comments. When there are enough votes against a given comment, it will not be displayed by default, although a reader can display it through a link or preference. Users who submit articles that other users like and subsequently "vote up" receive "karma", points which a user receives as a reward for submitting interesting articles. The posts on the site are classified under topics such as random, gadgets, sports, gaming, pics, videos, music, funny, movies, books, history, food, philosophy, television, jokes, art, and more. Reddit also includes several topical sections called subreddits, which focus on specific topics, including programming, science, and politics. Reddit was launched in 2005 by Alexis Ohanian and Steve Huffman and is based in San Francisco, California.
Reddit's core mission is centered around fostering a sense of community and belonging by providing a platform for open discussion, diverse perspectives, and authentic human connections. As the "front page of the internet," Reddit aims to empower users to share their passions, ideas, and experiences, while also discovering new interests and engaging in meaningful conversations. By cultivating a space for free expression and collaboration, Reddit seeks to inspire creativity, promote learning, and ultimately, enrich the lives of its users across the globe.
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
- Community: Reddit is built on the foundation of community, fostering a sense of belonging and connection among its users and employees alike.
- Authenticity: Reddit values honesty and transparency, encouraging open and genuine communication in all interactions.
- Innovation: Reddit is constantly pushing the boundaries of what's possible, embracing new ideas and technologies to improve the user experience.
- Inclusivity: Reddit is committed to creating a safe and welcoming environment for all, promoting diversity and inclusivity in all aspects of the platform.