This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The job overview for this position is that the Business Development Representative will play a critical role in driving revenue growth for the Intercom Sales organization through effective pipeline generation. They will engage with prospects and customers, helping them understand the value of Intercom through creative and engaging prospecting. The company values the growth and development of its BDRs, offering opportunities to push themselves outside of their comfort zones and achieve goals they never thought possible. The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to build a career in sales, with customer-facing work experience and knowledge of the SaaS landscape. They should possess prospecting skills, excellent communication abilities, and a growth mindset.
- Creating and prioritizing strategic target account lists with Account Executives
- Generating new business pipeline for Account Executives through cold calling, email, social etc.
- Providing a great experience for Intercom’s prospective customers
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of our product and its value to customers
- Demonstrating an ability to attract new customers
- Working with other functions to improve business processes
- Engaging in team development and mentoring
- Strong desire to build a career in Sales, with aspirations to become an Account Executive in the future
- 1+ year of customer-facing work experience (Sales and/or SaaS experience is a plus)
- Operational Excellence: ability to use time effectively and efficiently to complete revenue driving activities and identify where to focus efforts for driving more pipeline
- Competitive Landscape & Industry Knowledge: understanding of the SaaS landscape and target verticals, staying updated on news and industry trends
- Prospecting skills: proficiency in cold calling, email, and social media engagement using modern sales engagement tools
- Communication: ability to articulate thoughts and ideas effectively through verbal, written, and non-verbal communication skills, and collaborate with peers
- Growth Mindset: self-awareness of strengths and weaknesses, proactive in seeking personal growth and improvement.
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Healthcare stipend towards private health insurance for you and your partner/spouse
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Intercom is currently able to hire if an employee has a permanent residence in the following locations; Australia, Ireland, England and applicable US states. (California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Texas, and Washington).
This is some text inside of a div block.