Senior Writer, Wall Street, Banking, Private Capital
August 2, 2023
This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
Forbes is seeking an enterprising senior writer to cover the world of finance and Wall Street, including private equity, hedge funds, and banking. The role involves full ownership of the Wall Street, Banking, and Deals beat, writing impactful articles and second-day analysis of news stories. The senior writer will also break news and scoops, conceive and write investigative feature stories, participate in Forbes lists and corresponding articles, and contribute to live events, webinars, and videos related to their coverage. Additionally, the senior writer will mentor junior staffers and interns and possess strong analytical, reporting, and communication skills.
- Full ownership of Wall Street, Banking and Deals beat
- Writes impactful articles, as well as the second-day analysis of news stories
- Breaks news and scoops
- Conceives, reports and writes features stories, which are often investigative
- Participates in the creation of various Forbes lists and corresponding articles related to these lists
- Participates in Forbes live events and webinars, and in videos related to his coverage
- Mentors junior staffers and interns
- Fact checks own articles when necessary
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience in journalism or related field
- Deeply sourced
- Ability to work independently and generate ideas
- Understanding of finance and comfort with financial figures and terms
- Ability to analyze and understand financial documents
- Interest in covering markets, investing, private capital, Wall Street, successful entrepreneurs, and business leaders
- Strong analytical, reporting, and communication skills
- Annual base salary range of $115,000 - $175,000
- Forbes estimated compensation range
- Strong analytical, reporting, and communication skills required
- Hybrid work schedule offered
- Some roles may be fully remote within the U.S.
- Equal opportunity employer
This is some text inside of a div block.