Manager, Executive Communications & Media Relations
August 22, 2023
This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The job overview for this position is that Golin is hiring a Media Relations Manager to drive media strategy and execution for their clients. The manager will be responsible for building strong media relationships, transforming corporate milestones into compelling stories, and tapping into cultural trends to drive relevancy and engagement. They will also support day-to-day media relations responsibilities for a prominent international brand, establish and maintain relationships with media and influencers, and create innovative PR programs to shine a positive light on the client and brand.
- Support day-to-day media relations responsibilities for a prominent international brand and their US leadership
- Develop earned media strategies and storytelling opportunities for campaigns, specifically around brand reputation, thought leadership programs, and real-time news events
- Establish and maintain relationships with media, industry analysts, and online influencers
- Guide client messaging to resonate with different audiences through various channels
- Engage with clients and agency partners to create innovative PR programs
- Stay ahead of media by identifying emerging technology trends relevant to the client's brand
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to manage complex communications challenges
- Utilize analytics to turn data into actionable insights for client messaging and media outreach strategy
- 3-5 years of professional experience in media relations & executive communications with an understanding of B2C or QSR media relations. Issues and crisis communications experience is a plus.
- Strong writing, editing, and outreach skills are necessary. Not afraid of making an initial 'cold call' to establish new media relationships.
- Understanding of earned media strategy and experience creating media plans and compiling media lists.
- Proven experience working with media and influencers and a strong portfolio of story placements; a passion for building strong media relationships.
- Ability to support day-to-day media relations responsibilities for a prominent international brand and their US leadership.
- Establish and maintain relationships with media, industry analysts, and online influencers.
- Guide client's messaging to resonate with different audiences and engage with contacts across multiple channels.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to manage complex communications challenges.
- Curiosity for analytics and ability to turn data into actionable insights.
- Strong understanding of brand reputation, thought leadership programs, and real-time news events.
- Ability to tap into cultural trends to drive relevancy and engaging conversation around the brand.
- Out-of-the-box thinking to develop innovative PR programs.
- Stay ahead of media by identifying emerging technology trends relevant to the client's brand.
- Flexible time off
- Extended Leave
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K matching program
- Training and career pathing
- Community service opportunities
This is some text inside of a div block.