This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The job overview for this role is that the National Account Manager will be responsible for managing the Publix and Ahold banners business, building relationships with Category Managers, and driving revenue growth and profitability. They will create promotional strategies, present new products to retailers, and lead the onboarding process for new accounts. The National Account Manager will also collaborate with field teams, merchandising partners, and brokers to implement sales and marketing strategies. They will work closely with distributors and ensure accurate forecasts and timely communication. Additionally, they will coordinate marketing activations and provide regular updates to the Sr. Director of Sales.
- Responsible for all aspects of business related to Publix and all Ahold banners.
- Creating the strategy for all promotional calendars and cost-effective retailer programming for Publix and Ahold banners.
- Reviewing plans and promotional history to evaluate tradespend/ROI and increase profitability while growing sales.
- Leading the charge on all new item/innovation presentations to retailers.
- Gaining new distribution in white space and leading the new customer set-up and onboarding process for these accounts/banners.
- Creating strategy and priorities for the OLIPOP field teams, 3rd party merchandising partners, and broker partners to implement approved sales and marketing strategies.
- Working with distributors to ensure new items are set-up and fulfilled on time for resets.
- Continually evaluating the route to market and making strategic decisions to move business direct when possible.
- Meeting with the Demand Planner and Ops team to ensure accurate forecasts and timely communication.
- Meeting with the trade marketing team to organize marketing activations and coordinate key programs with Publix and Ahold banners.
- Reporting directly to the Sr. Director of Sales on a weekly basis with retailer status and focus.
- Creating presentations for the leadership team on a consistent basis.
- Comfortable with failing, learning, and adapting
- Curious, optimistic, and able to find a way when it seems impossible
- Confident enough to express ideas but humble and open to learning from experiences and others
- Experience in national account management, specifically with Publix and Ahold banners
- Ability to build relationships and trust with category managers
- Strong strategic planning and promotional calendar creation skills
- Knowledge of tradespend/ROI evaluation and increasing profitability while growing sales
- Experience in new item and innovation presentations to retailers
- Ability to gain new distribution and lead customer set-up and onboarding process
- Strong leadership and coordination skills with field teams, merchandising partners, and broker partners
- Experience working with distributors and ensuring timely order placement and fulfillment
- Ability to collaborate with demand planner and ops team for accurate forecasts and timely communication
- Experience in organizing marketing activations and coordinating programs with Publix and Ahold banners
- Strong reporting and presentation skills to senior leadership team
- Opportunity to implement sales and marketing strategies
- Collaboration with distributors and retailers such as UNFI, Hannaford, Giant Landover, Giant Carlisle, Publix, and Ahold banners
- Monthly meetings with Demand Planner and Ops team for accurate forecasts and timely communication
- Bi-weekly meetings with trade marketing team for organizing marketing activations
- Reporting directly to Sr. Director of Sales on a weekly basis
- Creating presentations for the leadership team on key account priorities, goals, strategy, and initiatives
- Attendance at tradeshows such as Expo West or Expo East
- Deep passion for OLIPOP and making an impact
- Obsession for understanding customer behavior
- Comfortable working in an early-stage company
- Ability to take initiative and work autonomously
- Strong planning, organization, and project management skills
- Competence in Google Suite and Microsoft Suite
- Flexible working hours, including evenings and weekends for special events/tradeshows
- Clean driver's license, reliable transportation, and proof of insurance
- 5-10 years of experience in conventional grocery retailers and the CPG industry
- Ahold and Publix headquarter level experience is crucial for this role
- Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
This is some text inside of a div block.
This is some text inside of a div block.