This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The Director of Product Design at Smartsheet will lead and grow a team of Product Designers in applying design thinking principles to create engaging user experiences for web and mobile apps. They will establish goals and metrics, manage day-to-day and strategic activities, and mentor and coach team members. The ideal candidate will have 12+ years of experience in a highly cross-functional role, 6+ years leading and mentoring UX teams, and experience designing for enterprise SaaS platforms. This is a remote position within the US.
- Help establish, drive and articulate a vision for the future of design at Smartsheet.
- Define the user experience strategy and vision for your areas of oversight.
- Establish goals and target metrics that design decisions can be mapped to.
- Manage the day-to-day and strategic activities of UX designers, making sure that the human-centered process is properly planned and followed.
- Build, evolve and scale UX processes, standards, and tools.
- Mentor and coach UX designers in a motivating and supportive manner and keep the team on top of emerging UX techniques and tools.
- Develop career paths and programs tailored to individual team member professional development.
- Gain a deep understanding of user needs and goals and communicate them to cross functional product teams.
- Create alignment with other groups within the company by working collaboratively with product teams to launch new features and evolve existing ones based on an understanding of user needs, business objectives and technical constraints.
- Translate business goals into innovative, creative and engaging product experiences.
- Support other duties.
- 12+ years of experience in a highly cross-functional role running strategic projects from idea through implementation.
- 6+ years leading & mentoring UX teams, manager of managers a plus.
- Successful experience leading a large team of designers (10+).
- Examples of broadly influential UX work that contributed directly to the achievement of business goals.
- Experience designing for enterprise SaaS platforms.
- Passion for the field of User Experience. Self motivated and enthusiastic; knows when it's necessary to seek out guidance.
- Experience facilitating activities to gather insights on user needs and goals and conducting usability testing.
- Experience finding simple, innovative solutions for complex problems.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Strong visual design skills and sensibilities.
- Expert in Figma, Creative Cloud or other visual design, wireframing, and prototyping tools. Proficiency in rapid prototyping.
- Highly organized with planning, conducting, and tracking work.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully with teams across the organization, including Product Management and Engineering.
- Ability to articulate design decisions and advocate for the user.