This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The Radio Broadcaster is responsible for broadcasting impact-driven weather forecasts to AccuWeather radio stations and television stations/cable systems across the United States. They use individual creativity and "ad lib" techniques to tailor each AccuWeather radio report to the specific standards and needs of the station. Additionally, they may have certain management responsibilities within the department. The Radio Broadcaster can work at AccuWeather's headquarters in Pennsylvania or remotely, with weekend shifts typically totaling 15-20 hours per week.
- Delivery of weather forecasts to radio stations and television stations/cable systems.
- Creation of different versions of forecasts using "ad lib" techniques and individual creativity to match vocal delivery and style to each particular client's needs.
- Editing of forecasts to ensure proper factual information, keeping with the clients’ needs.
- Social Media Posts for radio stations, posting the daily forecast and updating posts during severe weather events.
- Maintaining databases of pre-determined client schedules in order to keep on-schedule for delivery of forecasts and non-weather content.
- Being responsive to clients’ problems in order to resolve issues and deliver quality products.
- Delivery of non-weather content such as Soap Opera Updates to Audio Clients.
- Manipulation of content provided by News Writers and outside vendors for use by individual clients.
- Assumption of some supervisory responsibilities when the manager is absent.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to creatively word factual information
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts specific to broadcasting
- Ability to prioritize job tasks
- Ability to interpret clients' concerns and formulate appropriate responses
- Computer use is required
- Ability to create and post weather updates on social media platforms
- On-call coverage required