This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
As a senior front-end engineer at Ethos, you will be responsible for creating user interfaces and experiences for our customers. Working closely with our designers, you will use modern tools like React, ES6, and SASS to build beautiful web app interfaces across different screen formats. Additionally, you will play a key role in architecting and developing our core front-end infrastructure. With a focus on efficiency and performance, you will collaborate with the full stack/backend engineers to ship features and mentor junior developers. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the growth of a company that is revolutionizing the life insurance industry.
- Collaborate with designers to iterate and implement design concepts
- Architect and build client-side infrastructure
- Work with full stack/backend engineers to ship features
- Write efficient, modular, and reusable front-end libraries and abstractions
- Find and solve performance issues
- Participate in code reviews
- Communicate best practices to the team
- Mentor junior developers
- 5+ years of full time engineering experience
- Extensive experience with modern client-side JS libraries and tooling, such as React
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues
- Familiarity with server-side technology, such as Node.js, Rails, Django, etc.
- Exposure to architectural patterns of large, production environment web apps
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Opportunity to work with a diverse and inclusive team
- Remote work option available
- Mentorship opportunities for junior developers
- Exposure to modern client-side JS libraries and tooling
- Chance to work on large, production environment web apps
- Focus on performance and optimization
- Emphasis on design and UX sensibility
- Understanding of web security and common attacks
- Knowledge of build systems configurations and setup
- Experience with web analytics and A/B testing systems
- Solid CS fundamentals
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.