This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
Axios, a growth-stage startup focused on providing trustworthy news content, is seeking an experienced part-time copy editor to help shape and edit their newsletters and news stories. The ideal candidate should have at least five years of copy-editing experience in the journalism world, demonstrated experience in editing newsletters and digital copy, and the ability to work quickly and autonomously with extreme attention to detail under deadline pressure. The job overview emphasizes the importance of maintaining Axios style and voice while ensuring Smart Brevity in all content.
- Edit Axios newsletters and news stories as needed
- Maintain Axios style and voice, ensuring Smart Brevity in all content
- Work with reporters to offer comments and suggestions to improve their news and strengthen their abilities
- Quickly aggregate news and write when needed
- Work quickly and autonomously with extreme attention to detail under deadline pressure
- Learn and implement Axios style quickly
- Editing expertise, with at least five years of copy-editing experience in the journalism world
- Demonstrated experience in editing newsletters and digital copy
- Capability to quickly aggregate news and write when needed
- Ability to work quickly and autonomously with extreme attention to detail under deadline pressure
- Interest in learning and implementing Axios style quickly
This is some text inside of a div block.