This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
Axios is seeking an editorial leader and manager to drive innovation and take ownership of the expansion of Axios Local's organic social media presence. This individual will oversee the strategy and implementation of Axios Local's social media channels, with a focus on launching and sustaining new channels on Instagram. They will manage a remote team located throughout the country and collaborate closely with the national Axios audience team and Local leadership. The ideal candidate will have experience in social media growth, local news, influencers/micro-influencers, and creators, and will be responsible for setting the strategy, managing a team, editing content, and shaping the evolution of Axios Local across various platforms.
- Set the strategy and goals for local social expansion with VP of Audience.
- Manage a team of social creator/hosts in each selected city.
- Edit the work of the group and ensure editorial standards on the accounts.
- Help conceive daily and long-term stories that originate on social first. Accurately transform existing stories from newsletters and the web.
- Shape how Axios Local evolves across social, web, and newsletters in partnership with Local editors/reporters, product managers, and leadership.
- Collaborate with the Audience team and wider organization on adapting Axios "Smart Brevity" style to short-form, vertical video.
- Stay abreast of analytics of the accounts, develop KPIs, and report out the metrics for execs and editorial leadership.
- Develop a strategy to scale beyond the initial set of accounts.
- Experience managing a team. Experience starting up a new team is a plus.
- Demonstrated, measurable success in growing video-driven social posts for platforms like Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube.
- Experience working with creators and social influencers in the lifestyle or adjacent space.
- Exceptional collaborator with experience working across teams to produce quality content.
- Demonstrated wide knowledge of local news and how national storylines intersect with local storytelling.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience managing a team, preferably with experience starting up a new team
- Demonstrated, measurable success in growing video-driven social posts for platforms like Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube
- Experience working with creators and social influencers in the lifestyle or adjacent space
- Exceptional collaborator with experience working across teams to produce quality content
- Demonstrated wide knowledge of local news and how national storylines intersect with local storytelling
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Tele-mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios "Family Fund" for financial support during hardships or emergencies
- Classpass discount
- Virtual company-sponsored social events