This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
We are seeking a passionate and dedicated Lead Technical Artist to join our new game development studio in Austin, TX. As the Lead Technical Artist, you will be responsible for leading a team of technical artists and collaborating with artists and developers to refine our art pipelines and techniques. Reporting to the Art Director, you will play a meaningful role in concepting and pre-production, guiding the studio towards excellent art pipelines and practices. Additionally, you will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of art pipelines, facilitating technical art communication across teams, and resolving challenges through technical solutions.
- Develop custom workflows using scripts and coded tools solutions.
- Manage a team of technical artists and assist in their skills and career development.
- Maintain the integrity of art pipelines by identifying inefficiencies and recommending and implementing improvements.
- Facilitate technical art communication across teams by providing clear and constructive feedback and mentorship.
- Collaborate with a diverse and distributed team to promote innovation and refine the visual quality of games.
- Align artists around technical standards for asset creation.
- Troubleshoot and help resolve challenges through technical solutions.
- Drive optimization and performance while understanding limitations of various platforms.
- Support other content creators in secondary skills such as modeling, skinning, animation, or lighting.
- Build tools and pipelines to push technology further for materials, shaders, lighting, environment art, and other fields.
- Work with the Unreal Engine art pipeline.
- Work on multiple platforms.
- Scripting experience in Python, Blueprint or other related technology.
- Give and receive feedback.
- Have a passion for making and playing games.
- Maintain an enthusiastic, positive, and team-oriented mentality, as you will interact and collaborate with all departments and teams.
- 6+ yrs experience in AAA digital game development as a Lead or Senior Technical Artist
- 2+ yrs experience managing teams and individuals
- Strong background in driving optimization and performance while understanding limitations of various platforms
- Abilities in secondary skills such as modeling, skinning, animation, or lighting and the desire to support other content creators
- Experience building tools and pipelines, with a desire to push technology further for materials, shaders, lighting, environment art, and other fields
- Recent experience with the Unreal Engine art pipeline
- Experience working on multiple platforms
- Scripting experience in Python, Blueprint or other related technology
- Experience with giving and receiving feedback
- Passion for making and playing games
- Enthusiastic, positive, and team-oriented mentality, as you will interact and collaborate with all departments and teams
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation Time & Holidays
- Generous 401(k) match
- Paid Parental Leave
- Volunteer Program
- Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Product Discounts
This is some text inside of a div block.