This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
Hotel Engine is seeking a Lead Product Designer to join their team. In this role, you will be responsible for leading design projects, collaborating with cross-functional teams, and applying strategic thinking to visualize ideas. You will also be tasked with building positive relationships and driving positive change within the organization. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to a fast-growing travel tech company and make a significant impact in the field of trip management.
- Working with cross-functional teams (developers, product managers, fellow designers) to drive design vision and strategy that meets the needs of our users.
- Applying strategic thinking to visualize ideas and concepts and communicate them effectively and compellingly for internal stakeholders, partners, and customers.
- Using facilitative leadership skills to drive to the best outcome for stakeholders, partners, and customers.
- Building positive, collaborative relationships with product management, development, and the design team, as well as continuously "raising the bar" as an effective leader of positive change.
- Running design thinking workshops and helping to guide, improve, and implement design and feedback processes.
- Being an active mentor for other designers, and helping lead critique, and design reviews.
- Expert knowledge of the end-to-end product design process, demonstrating a command of product strategy, distilling the jobs to be done for a given user, journey mapping, wireframing and prototyping, user testing, and high fidelity visuals.
- The ability to craft beautiful designs and delightful, useful, and usable experiences; you have strengths in visual design, interaction, and product design.
- Deep experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working with cross-functional teams including development, product management, and product research.
- Proficient in product design tools such as Figma, Sketch.
- Expert knowledge of the end to end product design process
- Command of product strategy
- Ability to distill the jobs to be done for a given user
- Experience in journey mapping, wireframing, and prototyping
- Proficiency in user testing and high fidelity visuals
- Strong skills in visual design, interaction, and product design
- Deep experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams including development, product management, and product research
- Proficiency in product design tools such as Figma and Sketch
- Competitive base salaries
- Annual performance bonuses
- Stock options for all associates + performance-based stock options
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage (with a plan available at no cost to employees) + 100% paid dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with a match program
- Unlimited PTO + 2 paid days each year to volunteer with your favorite non-profit
- Paid parental leave and family medical leave
- Hotel discounts through our exclusive platform
- The ability to make a real impact in an incredibly fast-growing organization; you’ll never be just another cog in the wheel.