This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
This role is within the People & Culture team at Google DeepMind, with a focus on maintaining and cultivating the company's culture to support AI research. The role has a dual reporting line into the People & Culture Partnering team and the Reward & Recognition team. The successful candidate will wear two hats, acting as a People & Culture Partner to support research science leaders and teams, as well as being the first Reward Partner in North America, providing compensation expertise and implementing processes and programs.
- Deliver high impact solutions to challenges including change management, organizational design, post-merger integration, leadership capability, and career development.
- Establish positive relationships with leaders and teams across the organization by demonstrating empathy and building understanding and trust quickly.
- Operate in an extremely organized manner, working quickly and balancing many different tasks, while being proactive and anticipating what needs to be done ahead of time.
- Operate creatively and implement innovative, well thought through solutions in a rapidly changing and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Be an effective and trusted adviser, coaching managers on a 1:1 basis to develop their skills, improve team performance, and meet organizational goals.
- Provide advice and counsel to the Talent Acquisition team and hiring managers through the offer negotiation process.
- Work with compensation metrics, reports, and tools to inform compensation decisions and forecast, report, and/or analyze compensation outcomes.
- Communicate and partner effectively with senior leaders, our People & Culture teams, and our Talent Acquisition Lead to provide insights to enable insights-led compensation decisions.
- Competitive salary range of $135,000 - $207,000
- Bonus and equity opportunities
- Benefits package
- Opportunity to work in a rapidly changing and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Coaching and development opportunities for managers
- Advice and counsel provided to the Talent Acquisition team and hiring managers
- Work with compensation metrics, reports, and tools
- Effective communication and partnership with senior leaders and People & Culture teams
- Contribution to running compensation programs
- Blend of partnering and project work
- Experience with post-merger integration and culture change
- Knowledge of local employment law and practices in North America, particularly in California
- Highly organized with experience managing workload across various activities and projects
- Ability to work autonomously and make good decisions under time pressure
- Ability to assimilate complex information and provide meaningful insights
- Ability to adapt to change and enthusiasm for learning
- Proficiency in Google Sheets