This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The Global Programs Coordinator at African Leadership Academy (ALA) is responsible for planning, coordinating, and delivering ALA's signature programs, including the Global Scholars Program and the School Visits program. They will ensure outstanding educational and recreational experiences for participants and educators, focusing on ALA's core values and Pillars of Entrepreneurial Leadership. This role involves scheduling, planning, and implementing various programs, coordinating logistics, recruitment, and training, as well as maintaining communication with stakeholders. The coordinator will also be responsible for program quality, budgeting, and reporting.
- Schedule, plan, and ensure quality implementation of all aspects of in-coming middle and high school visits to ALA, including on- and off-campus logistics, designing set programming, and preparing debriefs/evaluation.
- Design, coordinate, and facilitate BUILD workshops and other special programs for school visits.
- Implement consistent, responsive, and positive communications with visiting school representatives throughout the engagement process.
- Schedule, plan, and ensure quality implementation of leadership camps during the holiday season.
- Coordinate the recruitment of guest directors, educators, alumni, and interns for the holiday season camps.
- Implement community service and cultural experiences for the holiday programs.
- Coordinate the delivery logistics of each session, including arrivals and departures, ensuring safety and security of all participants.
- Create email templates and ensure regular and quality communication with parents.
- Provide regular reports on program quality, budgets, and expenditure.
- Use ALA's systems for student and family records, communication, billing, and collection.
- Develop content for Global Programs newsletter, including write-ups, program updates, and advertorials.
- Write impact stories on student/school/partner experiences for the newsletter.
- Write content for the website and social media in collaboration with the marketing department.
- Collect data and report on program progress.
- Demonstrated passion for experiential education
- Strong understanding of curriculum design
- Experience in planning and delivery of youth camps
- Skilled in coordinating multiple camps during season
- Ability to schedule, plan, and ensure quality implementation of school visits programs
- Design and facilitate BUILD workshops and other special programs
- Excellent communication skills with visiting school representatives
- Ability to schedule, plan, and ensure quality implementation of holiday season leadership camps
- Coordinate recruitment of guest directors, educators, alumni, and interns for holiday season
- Implement community service and cultural experiences
- Coordinate delivery logistics of each session, including arrivals and departures
- Ensure safety and security of all participants
- Create and maintain regular and quality communication with parents
- Provide regular reports on program quality, budgets, and expenditure
- Familiarity with ALA's systems for student and family records, communication, billing, and collection
- Ability to develop content for newsletters, program updates, and advertorials
- Strong writing skills for impact stories, website, and social media content
- Data collection and reporting skills
- Opportunity to work with teens in educational programming
- Chance to contribute to youth development, Africa, global citizenship, entrepreneurship, and/or leadership
- Access to Microsoft Office applications and other productivity software
- Ability to work well under pressure and complete tasks
- Strong organizational and logistics skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing circumstances
- Collaboration within a team environment
- Possession of a car with a South African or international driver's license
- Experience leading camps, youth programs, or related activities
- Physical ability to participate in various activities such as camping, hiking, swimming, etc.
- First-Aid training or certification preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Opportunity to engage and interview students, partners, etc.
- Start date in October 2023
- Location in Honeydew, Johannesburg