This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The Game Design team at Wizards of the Coast is seeking a talented individual to manage and develop their team of designers. The ideal candidate will have experience managing creative talent in game development, a passion for fostering and growing design talent, and a deep understanding of people. They will be responsible for guiding the team's workflow, improving the emotional and cultural landscape of the team, and aligning the skills and mission of the team with that of Magic at large. This is an opportunity to work with an incredible leadership team and grow the next generation of Magic designers.
- Engaging and developing the best people – Weekly one-on-ones and regular daily contact with the team. Actively listening, monitoring, and improving the emotional and cultural landscape of the team. Giving regular, direct guidance and feedback to help each designer grow.
- Getting the best people – Ensure your hiring pipeline sources diverse, dedicated people and maintain a fair testing and interview process. Guide, train, and mentor new hires to ramp them up successfully into the role.
- Guiding and improving the workflow – Observe the dynamic and workflow of the team. Creatively improve, adjust, and implement process to ensure success, harmony, and a sustainable workload and vibrant culture.
- Looking to the future – Guiding the identity and mission of the team in collaboration with the rest of the Studio’s design leadership.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience managing creative talent in the game development.
- Unrelenting drive for fostering and growing design talent.
- Flexible, adaptable, creative mentality with a constant thirst for knowledge.
- Self-motivated curiosity, active listening, and a diverse toolbox of leadership skills.
- Compassion, appreciation, and a deep understanding of people.
- Positive, energetic, and articulate communication to improve our shared vision.
- Familiarity with Magic and Game Design.
This is some text inside of a div block.