This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
LaunchDarkly is seeking a Developer Experience Engineer to create engaging content and experiences for developers and engineers exploring their platform. The role involves building technically authentic content, aligning with the self-service product experience, and becoming a product expert. The Engineer will also advise and coach internal teams, evangelize LaunchDarkly's capabilities, and gather insights on developer needs. The ideal candidate should have experience working closely with software development teams, knowledge of modern development practices and tools, and strong communication and presentation skills.
- Build technically authentic content, including blogs, videos, and other presentation assets, to help developers understand deployment and LaunchDarkly's unique value in modern development practices.
- Align closely to the self-service product experience and help create a program that ensures developers are successful from their first 15 minutes on the platform.
- Collaborate with product teams to deeply understand LaunchDarkly's vision and translate it into customer-facing content, collateral, and assets.
- Serve as a technical advisor for internal teams through collaboration and enablement assets.
- Present in webinars and other public events to evangelize LaunchDarkly's capabilities and value.
- Gather insights on developer use cases, pain points, and competitor offerings to drive go-to-market plans.
- Ability to travel approximately 15%.
- Have 3+ years of experience working closely with or as an embedded team member of a software development team.
- Experience with building/consuming public cloud platforms like AWS, Google Cloud, and Microsoft Azure.
- Deep experience and familiarity with modern development practices and tools such as continuous delivery, DevOps, Kubernetes, and cloud computing.
- Ability to communicate technical topics with authenticity and creativity.
- Attention to detail and ability to produce high-quality content across video and presentation formats.
- Strong presenter with the ability to establish credibility with developer audiences.
- Preferred qualifications include hands-on experience with services in public cloud platforms, examples of creating video/blog/webinar content, and experience building/shipping applications across web or mobile platforms.
- 3+ years of experience working closely with, or as an embedded team member of, a software development team
- Experience with building / consuming public cloud platforms like Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, and Microsoft Azure
- Deep experience and familiarity with modern development practices and tools such as continuous delivery, DevOps, Kubernetes, and cloud computing
- A storyteller who has the creativity and writing skills to communicate technical topics with authenticity
- An eye for detail and high-quality content production across video and presentation
- A strong presenter that can create credibility with developer audiences
- Hands-on experience building and integrating with services in public cloud platforms (i.e. AWS Relational Database Service, Google Cloud Functions, or Microsoft Azure Container Services (preferred)
- Public examples of creating video, blog, and/or webinar content (preferred)
- Experience building and shipping applications across web or mobile platforms (preferred)
- Restricted Stock Units (RSUs)
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Mental health benefits
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.