This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
We are seeking an exceptional Backend Engineer to join our Decision Science team at LaunchDarkly. In this role, you will have the opportunity to make a profound impact on how data products are integrated into companies' software. You will be responsible for building and expanding our data analysis products and APIs, collaborating with frontend engineers, and improving server-side performance. We are looking for someone with experience in server-side web development, familiarity with computer science fundamentals, and a commitment to working in a communicative and collaborative environment. If you are passionate about changing how companies make decisions with data, this role is for you.
- Experience with server-side web development in Java/Scala, Ruby, Python, Golang, or Node.js
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with computer science fundamentals such as data structures, distributed systems, concurrency, and threading
- A commitment to working in a communicative and collaborative environment
- Ability to write code that can be easily understood by others, with an eye towards maintainability
- High bar for working with production systems
- Value high code quality, automated testing, and engineering best practices
- Equal opportunity employer
- Value diversity at the company
- Do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
- Widen the Circle value - seek out diversity of perspectives
- Encourage applicants to apply even if they don't meet all qualifications
- Commitment to giving back to the community
- Part of Pledge 1% organization
- LaunchDarkly Foundation supports education for the underserved, homelessness relief, and moving towards a net-zero carbon footprint
- Disability accommodation available
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.