This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The Business Solution Strategist (BSS) role at Pure Storage is a pivotal position within the Strategic Pursuit Practice (SPP) team. The BSS collaborates with account teams and extended teams to synthesize technology, business, and market trends into forward-looking insights for strategic global customers. This role combines design thinking, strategy consulting, and enterprise architecture to deliver tangible value selling assets. The BSS plays a crucial role in articulating Pure's transformational relevance and value, exerting thought leadership, and unlocking long-term opportunities for net new pipeline.
- Facilitate cross-functional sales and account teams on high-profile engagements, executive presentations, and workshops.
- Support Strategic Pursuit Leads, Sales Leadership, and Global Account Managers by providing deep customer insight and perspective, while coaching with constructive feedback to help develop capabilities and understanding.
- Facilitate the 'Art of the Possible' in Account Planning Sessions for strategic pursuits.
- Build and deliver 'Pure Points of View' (compelling C-level story and value statements demonstrating potential relevance of Pure to the customer).
- Drive big deal thinking, best practice sharing, and extended team collaboration.
- Increase the value for delivery of complex solutions by ensuring key VP and CXO stakeholders are fully engaged and aware of the value of Pure.
- Support pipeline creation for Strategic Pursuits (>$10M+), ensuring current and future targets are exceeded.
- Help develop and manage a programmatic capability including all relevant artifacts to help scale to additional strategic pursuits.
- Align to the SPP engagement and operating models to ensure a consistent and defined programmatic approach to assess, develop, and help close strategic pursuits.
- Represent Pure in senior customer-facing roles, i.e. executive sponsor, business strategist.
- Senior executive background with a strong industry network
- Min 15+ years of experience in the IT industry
- Demonstrated extensive experience with value selling, driving and delivering major transformational solutions including IT Operations, Outsourcing, Offshoring and Commercial models
- Experience building and delivering 'C' Level messaging and points of view
- Consultative experience into Enterprise and Global accounts and working in a complex matrixed environment
- Experience developing and growing 'C' Level relationships
- Practical understanding of the financial and technical challenges faced with running modern day IT operations at large corporations
- Ability to communicate and simplify complex topics
- Excellent Technical and Business writing and presentation skills
- Understanding of Business Operations (financial accounting, ROI, TCO, budget planning, organizational design)
- Excellent presentation skills including public speaking, meeting facilitation and whiteboarding
- Project Management skills an asset
- Enthusiastic self-starter with an outgoing personality
- Comfortable working both independently and with a team
- Strong customer facing and relationship building skills
- Annual base salary range of $194,000-311,000
- Incentive pay and/or equity eligibility
- Flexible time off
- Wellness resources
- Company-sponsored team events
- Pure Equality program supporting employee resource groups
- Pure Good Foundation for volunteering and grants
- Equal opportunity and affirmative action employer
- Support for individuals with disabilities
- Personal information privacy protection
This is some text inside of a div block.