This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
LearnUpon is seeking a Staff Software Engineer to join their team in Ireland. The role involves designing and implementing a scalable learning management system (LMS) while coaching and developing junior engineers. The company values innovation, craftsmanship, and collaboration, and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a variety of technologies. The job overview emphasizes delivering solutions, driving impact and innovation, providing architectural guidance, and actively improving code and designs.
- Delivering solutions that amaze customers
- Driving impact and innovation while building and shipping software at scale
- Providing architectural guidance and mentorship to up-level the engineering organization
- Identifying problems and opportunities and collaborating with teams to architect, design, implement, and operationalize systems
- Actively improving the level of craftsmanship in code and designs
- Participating in on-call emergency response rota
- Working closely with and influencing product and/or technology partners regularly to help define roadmap
- Reviewing others' work and sharing knowledge
- 7+ years of experience in software design and development in an object-oriented programming language such as Java, C/C++, Ruby, C#...
- Hands-on experience writing and shipping high-quality, large-scale distributed systems and client-server architectures.
- Able to effectively communicate technical ideas to and collaborate with both technical and non-technical peers.
- Experience debugging in a data-heavy environment (e.g. Hadoop, Spark).
- Experience with stream processing at scale (e.g. Beam/Flink/Storm/kafka/GCP) and related tools.
- Working experience with cloud-based services such as AWS, Google cloud, or Azure.
- Strong Design, coding, debugging, and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding communication skills and collaboration capabilities.
- Experience leading a large organization (not required but considered a big plus).
- Experience working with and leading teams (not required but considered a big plus).
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular team events
- Excellent career progression
- Structured learning environment
- Competitive salary and company ESOP
- Employer Contributed Pension
- Private health insurance
- 25 days annual leave + 1 annual company wellness day off
- Flexible Working Arrangements - work with your Manager to determine the best working hours and location (home, office, hybrid) in order to help you balance work and family life, and to suit your lifestyle.
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.