This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
LearnUpon is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join their team in Ireland. The role involves delivering features, services, and enhancements of LearnUpon's internal tooling in a full CICD environment. The Senior Software Engineer will collaborate with other teams, mentor when required, and continuously improve their skills across architecture, tooling, and technologies. The ideal candidate should have at least 4 years of experience in software design and development, strong communication skills, and a passion for craftsmanship.
- Delivering solutions that enable engineering teams to deliver features seamlessly
- Driving impact and innovation by designing, building, and shipping software at scale
- Actively improving the level of craftsmanship in code and designs
- Collaborating closely with other teams in the EngOps group, DevOps and Automation, and multiple Product Engineering teams to provide them with necessary tooling
- Continuously learning and improving skills across architecture, tooling, and technologies
- Mentoring when required
- Effectively communicating technical ideas and collaborating with both technical and non-technical peers
- Taking a holistic approach in engineering problem-solving and maintaining a high bar for software quality
- Guiding a project from initial requirements gathering to deployment, working with the team and stakeholders along the way
- Owning the delivery throughout all phases of SDLC
- Extensive experience with relational and non-relational databases and query performance
- Building applications using Rails, Django, or equivalent framework
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Being a team player who works well with non-technical stakeholders and fellow developers
- 4+ years of experience in software design and development in an object-oriented programming language such as Ruby, C#, Java
- Hands-on experience writing and shipping high-quality, large-scale distributed systems and client-server architectures.
- Able to effectively communicate technical ideas to and collaborate with both technical and non-technical peers.
- Holistic approach in engineering problem solving keeping a high bar for software quality.
- Experience guiding a project from initial requirements gathering right up to deployment, working with the team and all stakeholders along the way.
- A passion for craftsmanship.
- Owning the delivery throughout all phases of SDLC.
- Extensive experience with relational and non-relational databases and query performance.
- Experience building applications using Rails, Django or equivalent framework.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- A track record of being a team player who works as well with non-technical stakeholders as your fellow developers.
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular social events.
- Excellent career progression - take LearnUpon where you think it can go.
- Structured learning environment.
- Competitive salary and company ESOP.
- Employer Contributed Pension.
- Private health insurance.
- 25 days annual leave + 1 annual company wellness day off.
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.