This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
LearnUpon is seeking a Staff Software Engineer to join their team in either Dublin, Ireland or Belgrade, Serbia. The company is focused on providing a powerful learning management system (LMS) to help organizations train their employees, partners, and customers. The Staff Software Engineer will be responsible for designing and implementing a scalable LMS, as well as coaching and mentoring junior engineers. The ideal candidate will have extensive software design and development experience, strong communication skills, and the ability to work on large-scale distributed systems. They should also have experience with cloud-based services and possess excellent problem-solving skills.
- Delivering solutions that amaze customers
- Driving impact and innovation while building and shipping software at scale
- Providing architectural guidance and mentorship to up-level the engineering organization
- Identifying problems and opportunities and collaborating with teams to architect, design, implement, and operationalize systems
- Actively improving the level of craftsmanship in code and designs
- Participating in on-call emergency response rota
- Working closely with and influencing product and/or technology partners regularly to help define roadmap
- Reviewing others' work and sharing knowledge
- 7+ years of experience in software design and development in an object-oriented programming language such as Java, C/C++, Ruby, C#.
- Hands-on experience writing and shipping high-quality, large-scale distributed systems and client-server architectures.
- Able to effectively communicate technical ideas to and collaborate with both technical and non-technical peers.
- Experience debugging in a data-heavy environment (e.g. Hadoop, Spark).
- Experience with stream processing at scale (e.g. Beam/Flink/Storm/kafka/GCP) and related tools.
- Working experience with cloud-based services such as AWS, Google cloud, or Azure.
- Strong design, coding, debugging, and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding communication skills and collaboration capabilities.
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular team events.
- Excellent career progression - take LearnUpon where you think it can go.
- Structured learning environment.
- Competitive salary and company ESOP.
- Employer Contributed Pension.
- Private health insurance.
- 25 days annual leave + 1 annual company wellness day off.
- Flexible Working Arrangements.
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.