This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
LearnUpon is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join their team in either Dublin, Ireland or Belgrade, Serbia. The role involves delivering features, services, enhancements, and fixes for LearnUpon's core product, as well as participating in the design of a scalable LMS. The company values craftsmanship and encourages a holistic approach to problem-solving. The ideal candidate should have experience in software design and development, strong communication skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders. Experience with distributed systems, databases, and query performance is also desired.
- Delivering solutions that amaze customers
- Driving impact and innovation by designing, building, and shipping software at scale
- Actively improving the level of craftsmanship in code and designs
- Participating in on-call emergency response rota
- Collaborating closely with other Engineers
- Mentoring where required
- Communicating technical ideas effectively to both technical and non-technical peers
- Taking a holistic approach to engineering problem solving and maintaining a high bar for software quality
- Guiding a project from initial requirements gathering to deployment, working with the team and stakeholders
- Owning the delivery throughout all phases of SDLC
- Having extensive experience with relational and non-relational databases and query performance
- Possessing excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Being a team player who works well with non-technical stakeholders and fellow developers
- Having experience with asynchronous job frameworks such as Kafka or Sidekiq (considered a plus)
- 4+ years of experience in software design and development in an object-oriented programming language such as Java, C/C++, Ruby, C#.
- Hands-on experience writing and shipping high-quality, large-scale distributed systems and client-server architectures.
- Able to effectively communicate technical ideas to and collaborate with both technical and non-technical peers.
- Holistic approach in engineering problem solving keeping a high bar for software quality.
- Experience guiding a project from initial requirements gathering right up to deployment, working with the team and all stakeholders along the way.
- A passion for craftsmanship.
- Owning the delivery throughout all phases of SDLC.
- Extensive experience with relational and non-relational databases and query performance.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- A track record of being a team player who works as well with non-technical stakeholders as your fellow developers.
- Experience with asynchronous job frameworks such as Kafka or Sidekiq (considered a big plus).
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular team events
- Excellent career progression
- Structured learning environment
- Competitive salary and company ESOP
- Employer Contributed Pension
- Private health insurance
- 25 days annual leave + 1 annual company wellness day off
- Flexible Working Arrangements
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.