This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
We are seeking an automation engineer to join our team and contribute to the development of automated testing systems and custom tools. The role involves automating test systems to measure optical and electrical characteristics of our devices, integrating instrumentation and control software, and writing control software for mechatronics, instruments, and data acquisition. The successful candidate will collaborate closely with device engineers, electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, and biologists to build test apparatuses and assist in the automation and software development of other custom-built tools. Key qualifications include experience in automating test systems, comprehensive knowledge of process and motion control, and proficiency in writing software that communicates with different hardware devices.
- 3+ years experience in automating test systems or tools in a R&D and/or manufacturing environment
- Comprehensive knowledge and application of process and motion control using open- and closed-loop feedback
- Experience with writing software that communicates with variety of different hardware devices using ethernet, serial protocols, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working with liquid handlers
- Experience with PCR, RNA/DNA extraction
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Results oriented, action first outlook
- Experience with NI-DAQ/LabVIEW or other DAQ systems (preferred)
- Experience or knowledge of any object-oriented coding languages, i.e., C or C++, Python, or MATLAB (preferred)
- Experience with common communication protocols i.e. SPI, I2C, UART, etc. (preferred)
- Experience with mammalian cell culture automation (preferred)
- Familiarity and comfort working collaboratively in large codebase (preferred)
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Flexible vacation and company-paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care, and medical leave
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Science
- Flexible Spending Account
- Supportive and inclusive workplace
- Equal opportunity employer
- Consideration for employment regardless of background or identity
- Non-discrimination based on protected categories or social identities
- Consideration for employment with criminal histories in accordance with applicable law
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.