This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
We are seeking highly skilled FPGA engineers to join our team at Science. As part of our small, early-stage team, you will play a crucial role in developing robust gateware and verification testbenches for our neural ASICs and embedded peripherals. The work is interdisciplinary, requiring collaboration with biologists, machine learning experts, optics engineers, and microfabrication engineers. We value exceptional ability and positive energy, and we offer a challenging yet rewarding environment where you can make a significant impact in developing technologies for unmet medical needs.
- Design, develop and test FPGA systems using Amaranth HDL, Verilog, SystemVerilog, cocotb
- UVM for verification of designs
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to define requirements and specifications
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware-related issues
- Contribute to the evolution of development methodologies and processes
- Experience in gateware development delivering reliable, readable, and maintainable gateware
- Solid understanding of FPGA design processes and tools, including LUTs, slack, pipelining, clocking, metastability, synthesis, PnR, and scripting (Python, TCL)
- Passion for developing neural interfaces
- Experience with microsystem sensors and actuators
- BS in EE, CE, CS, etc.
- Experience with IEC 62304 compliant gateware for biomedical devices (preferred)
- Strong understanding of firmware concepts (preferred)
- Rapid prototyping experience (microcontrollers, analog and digital interfaces, etc) (preferred)
- RISC-V CPU architecture and firmware development experience (preferred)
- Experience in a lab environment using oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, etc (preferred)
- Experience with ASIC gateware development (preferred)
- MS or PhD in relevant field (preferred)
- Experience with continuous integration testing (preferred)
- Gateware hobby project experience (preferred)
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Flexible vacation and company-paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care and medical leave
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Science
- Flexible Spending Account
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.