This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
We are seeking world-class firmware engineers with a strong track record in delivering robust embedded firmware. The role involves developing, testing, maintaining, and supporting firmware for neural interface platforms. As part of a small, early-stage team, the ability to independently solve problems and follow through is essential. The work is interdisciplinary, requiring collaboration with biologists, machine learning experts, optics engineers, and microfabrication engineers. The ideal candidate should have a passion for developing neural interfaces, experience with microsystem sensors and actuators, and a background in firmware development for embedded systems.
- Experience in firmware development delivering reliable, readable, and maintainable firmware for embedded systems
- Passion for developing neural interfaces
- Experience with microsystem sensors and actuators
- Experience with machine learning
- BS in EE, CE, CS, etc.
- Experience with IEC 62304 compliant firmware for biomedical devices (preferred)
- Rapid prototyping experience (microcontrollers, analog and digital interfaces, etc) (preferred)
- Experience with Qualcomm SoCs (preferred)
- RISC-V CPU architecture and firmware development experience (preferred)
- Experience in a lab environment using oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, etc (preferred)
- Experience with ASIC firmware development (preferred)
- FPGA experience (HDL as well as firmware for soft/hardcores) (preferred)
- MS or PhD in relevant field (preferred)
- Experience with continuous integration testing (preferred)
- Firmware hobby project experience (preferred)
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Flexible vacation and company-paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care, and medical leave
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Science
- Flexible Spending Account
- Supportive and inclusive workplace
- Equal opportunity employer
- Consideration for employment regardless of background or identity
- Non-discrimination based on protected categories or social identities
- Consideration for employment with criminal histories in accordance with applicable law
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.