This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
Sparrow is seeking a software engineer to join their team and help improve their high-tech, high-touch employee leave management solution. The role involves collaborating with cross-functional teams to define and plan the engineering roadmap, building and shipping new features, streamlining internal processes, and providing mentorship to other engineers. The ideal candidate should have a strong foundation in computer science, at least 3 years of software engineering experience, excellent communication skills, and experience with modern software tools and processes.
- Partner closely with the engineering and cross-functional teams to define, scope and plan out the engineering roadmap.
- Build and ship new features and products to improve the user experience for employees and employers.
- Apply software to streamline internal processes and enable efficient scaling.
- Invest in engineering health and processes to ensure sustainable and secure development.
- Provide mentorship and support to other engineers on the team.
- Bachelors in CS or similar degree, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Ability to work effectively together with engineers and with other functions
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Superior organization skills and detail-oriented
- Experience with modern software tools and processes (e.g. git, CI/CD, testing, deployment, cloud)
- Impactful work helping People teams with difficult tasks
- Support for employees during challenging times
- Driven by a mission, similar to a nonprofit
- Resources and scale of a fast-growing venture-backed company
- Equal opportunity employer
- Diversity of experiences within the team
- Teammates in 30 states and counting
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.