Sparrow was an email client for OS X and iOS. After a 4-month beta period, Sparrow went on sale in the Mac App Store on February 9, 2011 and became the top paid and top grossing app in less than one day. On July 20, 2012, the company announced that it had been acquired by Google and was ceasing continued development of the application save critical bug fixes. Sparrow uses a simplified user interface as opposed to a more traditional email style such as Apple's Mail or Mozilla Thunderbird.
Sparrow is dedicated to revolutionizing the way we communicate by providing a seamless and intuitive email experience. Their mission is to simplify the cluttered world of email and make it more efficient, allowing individuals and businesses to focus on what really matters. Sparrow's goal is to create a more productive and enjoyable email experience for all.
- Empowerment: Sparrow believes in nurturing a work environment that enables employees to take ownership of their projects and make impactful decisions, fostering a sense of autonomy and responsibility.
- Agility: Sparrow's culture emphasizes adaptability and flexibility, encouraging team members to embrace change and continuously evolve to meet the demands of the ever-changing tech landscape.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Sparrow is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, valuing the unique perspectives and experiences of each team member and fostering an environment where everyone can thrive.
- Work-Life Balance: Sparrow understands the importance of maintaining a healthy balance between professional and personal life, promoting a supportive culture that encourages employees to prioritize their well-being and personal growth.
- Community Impact: Sparrow is dedicated to making a positive impact on society, actively engaging in community initiatives and encouraging employees to contribute their skills and expertise to drive meaningful change.