This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
Bloomreach is seeking a Senior Engineering Manager to lead their Analytics team in building and evolving a high-scale distributed data processing platform. The role involves guiding the team in technical design, building and maintaining APIs, collaborating with product management, and managing project development. The ideal candidate should have experience in distributed systems, big data, and data streaming technologies, as well as a strong background in leading high-performance teams. Success in this role would involve understanding the company culture, product architecture, and team dynamics, as well as making contributions to production and improving overall product quality.
- Guide the Data Analytics team and lead technical design in building a scalable data processing and data insight platform for Bloomreach Discovery Product.
- Building and maintaining internal and external APIs to tackling tough scaling problems to increase automation, improve efficiency and lowering the cost.
- Work closely with the Product Management team to define clear roadmaps.
- Manage the planning, capacity, and development schedule for all projects.
- Set development processes and expectations that reinforce the commitment to change management, quality, and our software development lifecycle.
- Provide best practices and documentation to improve our operational efficiency; objectively measure project team performance and provide guidance to improve.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders across different geo locations and timezones to build alignment and consensus, resolve dependencies and conflicts.
- Build best-in-class teams and foster an inclusive and learning team environment in which engineers have opportunities to grow.
- Have a good understanding of the company culture and what it means to live and breath in the culture of OWN, WE, THINK, NO DRAME, and TRUTH.
- Develop an overall comprehension of the Discovery product, its architecture, and various components.
- Familiarize with our 6-week software development cycle, our software quality and release process.
- Establish good working relationships with engineers in the team, have a good handle of what projects are in-progress and who is working on each project.
- Develop a good understanding of the Analytics component architecture, the upstream and downstream dependencies, and how customers are using it to drive business values.
- Understand the technology stack the team is using to build the components.
- Take ownership of the team operating norms and processes. E.g. Sprint planning, bug triaging process, pagerduty setup etc.
- Establish key working relationships with other leaders in the organization.
- Check in a small feature or bug fix and make it into production.
- Develop a good insight into team strength, weakness, quality issues and gaps.
- Work collaboratively with the product team and other engineering leaders to come up with suggestions to improve the overall product quality.
- Build good rapport with the team members, managing effectively on their career path, improvement areas, and growth opportunities.
- 8+ years of relevant experience, proficient in distributed systems, big data, and data streaming technologies, Java & Python preferred.
- 4+ years of experience with AWS
- 4+ years of hands-on relevant experience in leading high performance teams, hiring, coaching and developing engineering talent
- Great troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- A strong product and architectural vision and the ability to collaborate, communicate, advocate, and execute on that vision
- Ability to lead technical teams in systems/databases or large scale distributed/infrastructure systems in production
- Demonstrated success enabling teams and driving projects from inception to delivery
- Capable of handling ambiguous business requirements with excellent prioritizations, time management, and a focus on execution
- Startup experience in a fast-pace growth company highly desirable but not required.
- Annual medical insurance coverage for yourself and your dependents
- Annual master health check-up up to 4000 INR per month
- Statutory retirement benefits (Provident Fund Gratuity)
- Flexible working hours
- Remote-first work environment with Bloomreach Hubs available across three continents
- Company events to experience the global spirit of the company
- 5 paid days off for volunteering
- Personal development workshops and competency maps
- Communication coaching and leader development program
- $1,500 professional education budget
- Employee Assistance Program for non-work-related challenges
- Subscription to Calm - sleep and meditation app
- 'DisConnect' days for unwinding and focusing on activities away from the screen
- Sports, yoga, and meditation opportunities
- Restricted Stock Units or Stock Options
- Company performance bonus
- Employee referral bonus
- Work anniversary celebrations
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.