This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
EverCharge is seeking a Senior Embedded Engineer to join their team in Palo Alto, CA. The engineer will be responsible for developing and supporting embedded firmware for EV charging devices within a Linux-based ecosystem. They will collaborate with hardware and software engineering teams to define specifications and features, and work on improving the charging systems software. The ideal candidate should have a strong background in embedded firmware development, experience with Linux and Python, and familiarity with the EV charging space.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with hardware and software engineering teams to define specifications and features
- Develop and support embedded firmware for RTOS-based devices within a larger Linux ecosystem
- Gain in-depth knowledge of industry protocols (e.g., OCPP)
- Contribute to improving charging systems software to handle future use cases
- Communicate with internal and external resources to understand and formalize requirements
- Work across teams to facilitate efficient development processes and leverage team strengths
- Develop software and/or firmware to match requirements
- Work with QA to facilitate efficient testing
- Must reside in the Bay Area.
- B.E, B.S or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Five + years of experience in developing embedded firmware.
- Familiarity using Linux as a development environment, including shell scripting.
- Experience with Python.
- Experience in the EV charging space is a plus.
- Experience working closely with hardware engineers is a plus.
- Demonstrable ability to collaborate across organizational departments.
- Solution-focused and superb problem-solving skills; ability to apply reasonable logic to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Base salary range between $95,000 and $200,000
- Equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.