This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
As a Senior Electrical Engineer, you will play a critical role in the design, development, and testing of electrical systems for advanced medical devices. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to ensure the successful integration of electrical components into our products. Additionally, you will provide technical guidance, mentor junior engineers, and contribute to the overall product strategy. This role requires a minimum of 5 years of industry experience in electrical engineering, strong knowledge of analog and digital circuit design, and proficiency in using electrical design and simulation tools.
- Design and develop electrical systems and subsystems, including schematic design, component selection, and PCB layout.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to define electrical requirements, ensuring compliance with regulatory standards and industry best practices.
- Perform detailed circuit analysis, simulation, and validation to ensure the integrity and performance of electrical designs.
- Conduct feasibility studies and risk assessments to guide design decisions and mitigate potential issues.
- Create and maintain documentation, including specifications, design guidelines, and test protocols, ensuring compliance with quality management systems.
- Collaborate with external suppliers and contract manufacturers to ensure the timely and cost-effective production of electrical components.
- Lead and participate in design reviews, providing technical expertise and recommendations for improvement.
- Mentor and guide junior engineers.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience in electrical engineering, preferably within the medical device space
- Strong knowledge of analog and digital circuit design, power electronics, PCB layout, EMC and EMI considerations
- Proficiency in using electrical design and simulation tools such as Altium, Cadence, or similar software
- Proven track record in leading electrical design projects from concept to production
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to troubleshoot complex electrical issues
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
- Experience with firmware development, embedded systems, and wireless communication protocols
- In-depth understanding of regulatory standards applicable to medical devices, such as IEC 60601 and ISO 14708 (preferred)
- Familiarity with Altium Designer (preferred)
- Experience using quality management systems (preferred)
- Expertise in one or more of the following: wireless power transfer, displays, camera interfaces (e.g. MIPI CSI2), low power design, high-speed design (preferred)
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Flexible vacation and company-paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care, and medical leave
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Science
- Flexible Spending Account
- Supportive and inclusive workplace
- Equal opportunity employer
- Valuing and celebrating contributions
- Employees thrive by being themselves
- Inspired to do their best work
- Consideration for employment regardless of background or identity
- Non-discrimination based on protected categories or social identities
- Consideration for employment with criminal histories in accordance with applicable law
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.