This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
We are seeking a Senior Backend Engineer to join our team at KONUX, a dynamic and fast-growing technology company in the railway industry. In this role, you will be responsible for developing groundbreaking solutions that solve real-world problems. Working alongside a team of experts, you will have the opportunity to push the boundaries of what's possible and drive innovation forward. If you are a go-getter who is not afraid to think outside the box, we want to hear from you. Join us and be a key driver of our culture, ensuring that our values are embedded in everything we do.
- Work in a cross-functional team to develop the backend and deliver features to customers and internal users.
- Take ownership of designs and code throughout the full product life cycle and ensure team members meet goals.
- Engage in discussions about customer problems and provide ideas for solving current challenges.
- Continuously push boundaries to find the best possible solutions.
- Write production code in Python and Java (Spring Boot) for at least 5 years.
- Develop backend functionality within a cloud environment, preferably AWS, using technologies such as Lambdas, Dynamo DB, API Gateway, EventBridge, Docker, and Kubernetes for at least 3 years.
- Have experience with various database technologies and understand their strengths and weaknesses.
- Willingness to continuously learn and support other domains like Frontend, Data Engineering, or DevOps.
- Take the lead for a topic and effectively communicate across the whole organization.
- Enjoy tackling complex challenges and taking ownership of the outcome.
- 5+ years of experience writing production code in Python and Java (Spring Boot)
- 3+ years of experience developing backend functionality within a cloud environment, preferably AWS (Lambdas, Dynamo DB, API Gateway, EventBridge…), using Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with various database technologies and understand their strengths and weaknesses
- Eager to continuously learn and open to support other domains like Frontend, Data Engineering, or DevOps
- Comfortable taking the lead for a topic and an excellent communicator across the whole organization
- Problem-solver who enjoys tackling complex challenges and owns the outcome
- Competitive salary
- Equity (all permanent KONUX employees have equity!)
- Dedicated Learning & Development budget of 3.600€ p.a.
- Comprehensive relocation support if you do not live in or around Munich, Germany
- Hybrid working model: Meet your colleagues in the office minimum 2 days per week
- Modern workspace with cool rooftop with mountain view
- Flexible working conditions, home office equipment and free choice between a Windows or Apple laptop
- Health benefits supporting your physical and mental well-being, e.g wellpass/gym membership and mental health app license
- Fruits, snacks and beverages for energy and our very own Oma cooking in office every Thursday
- Company pension scheme
- Access to Corporate Benefits and Future Bens
- 27 vacation days (+1 day on every work anniversary for 3 years)
- Volunteering activities (2 additional days off)
- Company and team events
- We are a pet-friendly company, so your four-legged friend can join you in office!
- Equal Opportunity: No discrimination based on age, sex, religion, skin color, gender identity, family status or disability.
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.