This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The Operations Analyst role at Virtu is responsible for managing the clearance, settlement, and reconciliation of trades and positions on behalf of trade desks. They work closely with various stakeholders to ensure timely settlement, accuracy of records, and risk mitigation. Additionally, the role offers the opportunity to collaborate with software engineers to automate and enhance operational workflows, expand trading capabilities, and participate in system architecture. This position is suitable for candidates seeking a career in the financial industry or those looking for a more challenging role with greater responsibility.
- Manage the clearance, settlement, and reconciliation of trades and positions on behalf of trade desks
- Work closely with traders, finance, compliance, brokers, and custodians to ensure timely settlement of trades and accuracy of books and records
- Avoid unanticipated risk to both the firm and its customers
- Collaborate with software engineers to automate and enhance the firm's operations workflows
- Enable trading and customer offerings in new markets and asset classes
- Become an expert in the logistics and mechanics of trade clearance and settlement
- Play a crucial role in the firm's ability to conduct trading efficiently and safely
- Perform challenging and stimulating data analysis
- Participate in the architecture of new systems and controls
- Start a career in the financial industry or take on a more challenging role with greater responsibility
- Bachelor's degree required; specialization in math, computer science, business, finance or related disciplines.
- Experience with VBA, SQL and/or scripting (i.e. Python) preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Specialization in math, computer science, business, finance or related disciplines
- Experience with VBA, SQL and/or scripting (i.e. Python) preferred
- Experience in operations, trade support or related experience is advantageous
- Ambitious and self-motivated, with the ability to use own initiative
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Effective troubleshooting in a fast paced, time critical environment
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Equal opportunity employer
- Commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace
- Does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status