This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The Lead Software Engineer role at HyperionDev is responsible for overseeing and executing all aspects of the company's bespoke software platforms. This includes managing and developing the student portal, mentor portals, placements portal, website, payment gateways, sign up flows, and data analysis platforms. The ideal candidate should have a strong background in Python, Django, AWS, PostgreSQL, and Ubuntu, although experience with similar languages and frameworks will also be considered. The role requires a creative problem solver with advanced technical skills, high standards, and effective communication abilities. The position can be fully remote based on applicant preference.
- Design and write high quality code for the website and platforms using Python and Django
- Collaborate with team members to execute engineering projects, plan sprint cycles, troubleshoot technical issues, and reduce technical debt
- Coach and mentor junior developers
- Work closely with Product to plan, design, and implement platform features
- Refactor and improve legacy code as needed
- Communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders through clean code, documentation, and translating requirements into milestones and goals
- Generous annual leave and medical benefits
- Join the heart of tech in Africa, the US, and Europe
- Life-changing work: Solve real problems that make education and tech careers accessible to those who need it most
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.