This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The job overview for this role is that the HyperionDev Mentor will be responsible for providing mentorship and support to students in the field of coding and technology. They will play a key role in delivering online coding education as part of HyperionDev's coding bootcamps, helping students learn how to code and bridging the tech skills gap. The mentor must have strong technical knowledge in web development and possess qualities such as patience, empathy, commitment, and excellent communication skills. This role offers the opportunity to make a transformative impact in the lives of learners and provides a well-defined career path in coding education.
- Patience, empathy, and commitment to learners' progress
- Positive attitude and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record in helping students learn how to code
- Experience as a peer mentor, school teacher, university lecturer, or online tutor
- Ability to provide rapid and high-quality mentorship support to students
- Proficiency in reviewing code and providing comprehensive feedback
- Ability to have 1:1 calls with students to help them through problems and keep them motivated
- Monitoring and managing activity on student forums and the HyperionDev Students community
- Adding resources and responding to students on Discord
- Speedy responses to all student questions
- Willingness to receive training on advanced level curriculum and new technology stacks
- Ability to review and update course content and teaching methods
- Assisting in improving the pedagogical processes of online coding bootcamps
- Overseeing the progress, performance, and journey of students on a monthly basis
- Identifying and implementing strategies to improve student completion rates and retention
- Preparing and delivering regular online tutorial sessions/workshops
- Creating additional resources such as video tutorials, reading material, assessments, etc.
- Supporting student success with queries and responding to them
- Collaborating with Student Champions or Assisting Mentors for assistance on Discord
- Degree, diploma, bootcamp, or relevant experience in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Information Systems.
- Generous annual leave and medical benefits
- Join the heart of tech in Africa, the US, and Europe
- Life-changing work
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.