This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
As a Project Manager, Personal Care at quip, you will be responsible for managing multiple initiatives that drive the Personal Care business forward. This role requires a strong understanding of development lifecycle, consumer product commercialization, materials management, manufacturing processes, supply chain, and operations best practices. You will be responsible for managing product development for hardware and consumables, optimizing project communication and product development processes, and executing project schedules and plans. Additionally, you will collaborate with different functional groups, manage project documentation, and ensure timely execution of projects while meeting established KPIs and OKRs.
- Manage product development for hardware and consumables from early idea through to mass production
- Innovate on processes to optimize project communication and product development
- Develop and execute project schedules, project plans, resource requirements, deliverables, and milestones
- Drive business case build for each discrete project
- Partner with leadership team and different functional groups for resource planning needs
- Utilize project management tools to scope and track project performance and interdependencies
- Work through conflicting issues, roadblocks, and dependencies; manage risks, changes, and communication with project stakeholders
- Manage all activities, communications, and documentation for projects ensuring timely execution and meeting established KPIs and OKRs
- Ensure accurate and compliant product documentation is created and implemented for responsible projects
- Communicate expectations, timeline, and status to stakeholders, project team, and external partners
- Define, create, and hold team accountable to project plans by monitoring and measuring defined actions
- Measure financial impact (Project Budget, CAPEX, E&O, Cost Reduction)
- Develop, align, roll-out, and enforce best practices across Personal Care
- Maintain all relevant ERP and boundary system documentation related to projects
- 5+ years of Project Management or Product Development experience required. Experience with consumer electronics or oral care industry is preferred.
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain or related business discipline.
- Knowledge of basic manufacturing processes and techniques such as injection molding, stamping, casting, plating, etc.
- Experience working with outsourced design and manufacturers overseas.
- Experience in a dynamic, omnichannel company environment.
- Extensive operating experience improving current business processes or implementing proven best practices.
- Experience leading multiple projects simultaneously and a track record of delivering on agreed upon project objectives.
- Well experienced in summarizing and presenting business information to all levels in the organization.
- Proven expertise in Business Case Modeling and Project Management.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills, and ability to prioritize workload.
- Self-starter, highly detail oriented, with excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to coordinate internal resources in a matrix environment to accomplish project objectives.
- Time management skills.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Google Workspace, Microsoft Office, Smartsheet.
- PMP certification preferred.
- Bonus Qualifications: Experience in oral care industry. Experience or familiarity with electronic design (PCBA + FW).
- Working in a high energy, fast-paced environment
- Office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge
- Competitive medical benefits, with 95% coverage for employees
- Free dental benefits for NYC residents
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits (~30% savings)
- Dependent care FSA
- Access to entire quip product line, refill plan, and employee discount
- $400 incentivized gym reimbursement through insurance
- Open Vacation Policy
- Computer and supplies provided
- Employee Assistance Program, including mental health resources
- Fully-stocked kitchen with kombucha, cold brew, and beer on tap
- Fun and inclusive culture with various People Resource Groups and Interest Groups
- Team and company happy hours
- quip Swag
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Competitive paid parental leave policy
- Pet-friendly office
- Sequoia Smartspend, offering discounts on various products and services
- High potential for growth in a start-up atmosphere