This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The job overview for this position is that quip is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to manage cost reductions, efficiencies, quality, and continuity of supply and sourcing for new product introduction. The ideal candidate should have strong data analytics and process improvement skills, strategic sourcing and contract negotiation experience, cost engineering, and a risk mitigation background. They should also have an in-depth comprehensive understanding of sourcing processes. The role involves collaborating with functional teams, reviewing engineering BOMs and drawings for cost reduction opportunities, developing sourcing plans, and leading the bidding process for new products.
- Collaborate with functional teams and peers to ensure an uninterrupted supply of materials while optimizing cost, lead-time, and quality.
- Review engineering BOMs and drawings to identify opportunities for cost reduction through negotiation, competitive quotation, and alternate sourcing.
- Become the subject matter expert for strategic commodities.
- Identify materials and components for consolidation potential.
- Negotiate Finished Goods & critical components Cost, Tooling Costs, Minimum Order Quantity, Lead Times and Delivery Schedules with Suppliers.
- Develop Sourcing Plans that document Early Supplier Involvement, Supply Selection, Risk Mitigation Plans, Capacity Management and Supplier Ramp Up Plans and ensure the plans are executed.
- Drive Supply Base Selection by ensuring consensus with Engineering, Operations & Quality Managers to meet the business needs.
- Identify key items for which it is crucial to have alternate suppliers.
- Identify new suppliers to meet business needs.
- Assess Supplier’s Capability with similar parts analysis or through demonstrated process controls on key manufacturing processes.
- Lead the bidding process for new products.
- Provide overall Sourcing guidance for New Products that will be designed in-house and manufactured at internationally located Contract Manufacturers.
- Work with CM’s to determine quantities and timing of materials to control inventory flow to the prototype floor and ensure continuity of supply in transitioning to production schedules.
- Responsible for the timely acquisition of material. Analyze pre-production purchasing requirements to generate and manage purchase orders for engineering demands.
- 7+ years of directly related Supply Chain experience working with electro-mechanical products
- BS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or Supply Chain
- Demonstrated strength in data analytics and process improvement skills
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Experience working with Chinese Contract Manufacturers
- Experience in multicultural negotiations, contracting, and supplier management activities
- Sound knowledge of sourcing processes and experience leading contract negotiations
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering prints and drawings
- PLM system experience
- CAD experience (Solidworks preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Word, & Outlook)
- Comfortable with challenging the status quo
- Clear, energetic, and engaging presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work with a team or independently and be a self-starter
- Possesses strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Willingness to travel as needed (approx. 20-25%)
- Outstanding negotiation skills and excellent analytical ability to identify and exploit key opportunities
- Previous background using Six Sigma Methodologies and lean manufacturing preferred
- APICS ASCM Certification (preferred)
- Bi-lingual skills a plus
- Working in a high energy, fast-paced environment
- Office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge
- Competitive medical benefits, with 95% coverage for employees
- Free dental benefits for NYC residents
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits (~30% savings)
- Dependent care FSA
- Access to entire quip product line, refill plan, and employee discount
- $400 incentivized gym reimbursement
- Open Vacation Policy
- Computer and supplies provided
- Employee Assistance Program, including mental health resources
- Fully-stocked kitchen with kombucha, cold brew, and beer on tap
- Fun and inclusive culture with various People Resource Groups and Interest Groups
- Team and company happy hours
- quip Swag
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Competitive paid parental leave policy
- Pet-friendly office
- Sequoia Smartspend, offering discounts on various products and services
- High potential for growth in a start-up atmosphere
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.