This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
Alma is seeking a mission-driven Engineering Manager, Infrastructure to join their team. The role involves designing, implementing, and maintaining Alma's technology infrastructure, as well as building services and tools for the engineering team. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the software development process, the ability to grow and develop a team of engineers, and the skills to anticipate scalability and security challenges. They will also collaborate with other teams to design and build systems and continually research emerging technologies.
- Gain a deep understanding of the software development process at Alma and how the engineering team operates
- Grow and develop an incredible team of hardworking, collaborative, and motivated engineers who have high expectations around individual ownership and impact
- Set direction for the team, anticipating scalability, performance, and security challenges via thoughtful long-term planning
- Collaborate with teammates on Platform, as well as Product Managers and peers from feature teams, to understand and prioritize solutions for practical problems facing Alma engineers
- Design, develop, and implement systems, processes, and tools to improve the experience and efficiency of the engineering team’s development process. (Developers environment, testing environment, deployment pipeline)
- Work to maintain, simplify and reinvent the systems underlying the application platform, such as our job queues, caching layers, error handling, monitoring and alerting. Technologies you’ll be working with include AWS, S3, nginx, Ansible, Docker, Terraform, Elasticsearch, Prometheus, Django, Celery, Redis, SQL, and Redshift.
- Continually research current and emerging technologies, proposing changes where most impactful.
- 4+ years of experience working with web technologies and frameworks, with 1+ years of people management
- Previous experience leading and/or managing a team of 3 or more engineers
- Extensive experience with web technologies and proficiency in one or more common web frameworks
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience with scaling challenges and implementation of best practices around scaling
- Systems thinking and ability to consider holistic integration of component parts
- Pragmatic decision-making, prioritizing practicality over theory
- Clear and engaging communication style with a track record of building positive relationships across a diverse organization, including engineers and non-technical stakeholders
- Remote-first company
- Health insurance plans through Cigna (medical and dental) and MetLife (vision), including FSA & HSA plans
- 401k plan (Roth and traditional)
- Free Alma platform access
- Monthly therapy and wellness stipends
- Monthly co-working space membership stipend
- Monthly work-from-home stipend for expenses like wifi, lunches, coffee, etc
- Pet discount program through United Pet Care
- Financial perks and rewards through BenefitHub
- Free EAP access through LifeWorks
- One-time home office stipend to set up your home office
- Comprehensive parental leave plans
- 9 paid holidays, 1 Alma Mental Health Day, and 1 Alma Volunteering Day
- Unlimited PTO
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.