This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The Educational Media Specialist role at Newsela involves assessing and curating content for the platform, specifically for students in Florida, in accordance with state education standards. The specialist will be responsible for ensuring the content is grade-appropriate and aligned with the required standards. They will also assist in curating new content and must have a key understanding of state standards formats. This role requires a bachelor's degree in Educational Media or Library Science, or a bachelor's degree in Education with additional experience in educational media and/or library science.
- Assess Newsela's current approach to its Content Settings tool and ensure adherence to Florida state education standards
- Curate Newsela's existing archive of 15,000+ content assets specifically for students in Florida by standard and grade appropriateness
- Assist in curating new content as it is produced
- Recognize content concepts and tag content accordingly
- Have prerequisite knowledge of subject-specific content in ELA, Social Studies, Science, History, and Economics
- Work on a per-task basis
- Access to healthcare resources and discounts for employees
- Work from home opportunity with a tech stipend
- Supplemental programs and time off for family care
- Flexible PTO and Sabbatical Leave options
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Educational Media or Library Science OR a bachelor's degree or higher in Education, with additional experience in educational media and/or library science
- Must currently hold a Special Certification in Educational Media Specialist (Grades PK-12), in accordance to the Florida State Code 6A-4.0251
- Key understanding of state standards formats
- Ability to recognize content concepts and tag content accordingly
- Prerequisite knowledge of subject-specific content in one or more of the following areas: ELA, Social Studies, Science, History, and Economics
- Health & Wellness: Access to the world's leading medical experts for healthcare (pets included!). Discounts and resources to stay healthy: mind, body, and soul.
- Work From Home: Almost all of our roles are fully remote - tech stipend included!
- Supporting ALL Families: Supplemental programs and time off to take care of your family and yourself.
- Time Off: Flexible PTO to recharge, including Sabbatical Leave.
- Inclusive Experiences: Robust DEIB curriculum, Identity & Experience Groups (Affinity Groups + Employee Resource Group), Authentic & Transparent conversations with Executive Leadership Teams, and integration of DEIB lens across Talent lifecycle processes.
- Professional Development: Holistic Learning & Development Programs that enable meaningful & inclusive experiences, programs that build future-focused competencies, cohort & community learning sessions that foster a sense of belonging, and individual development plans aligned with your personal and professional aspirations to turn goals into reality.
- Make A Difference: No matter your role or department, the work you do each day helps share the future of education and improves the lives of students and teachers.
This is some text inside of a div block.