Newsela is an Edtech startup that takes real and new content from trusted providers and turns it into learning materials. Newsela takes authentic, real-world content from trusted sources and makes it instruction-ready for K-12 classrooms. Each text is published at five reading levels, so content is accessible to every learner. Today, over 2.5 million teachers and 37 million students have registered with Newsela for content that’s personalized to student interests, accessible to everyone, aligned to instructional standards, and attached to activities and reporting that hold teachers accountable for instruction and students accountable for their work. With over 14,000 texts on its platform and 10 new texts published every day across 20+ genres, Newsela enables educators to go deep on any subject they choose.
Newsela's core mission is centered around transforming the way students access and engage with informational content, fostering a lifelong love for learning. By providing educators with a diverse range of high-quality, adaptive content, Newsela aims to empower students to develop critical thinking skills and broaden their perspectives. With a strong commitment to inclusivity and accessibility, Newsela strives to create a more equitable and engaging learning experience for all students, preparing them for success in an ever-evolving world.
- Health & Wellness: Access to the world’s leading medical experts for healthcare (pets included!). Discounts and resources to stay healthy: mind, body, and soul.
- Work From Home: Almost all of our roles are fully remote - tech stipend included!
- Supporting ALL Families: Supplemental programs and time off to take care of your family and yourself.
- Time Off: Flexible PTO to recharge, including Sabbatical Leave
- Inclusive Experiences: Robust DEIB curriculum, Identity & Experience Groups (Affinity Groups + Employee Resource Group), Authentic & Transparent conversations with Executive Leadership Teams, and integration of DEIB lens across Talent lifecycle processes.
- Professional Development: Holistic Learning & Development Programs that enable meaningful & inclusive experiences, programs that build future-focused competencies, cohort & community learning sessions that foster a sense of belonging, and individual development plans aligned with your personal and professional aspirations to turn goals into reality.
- Make A Difference: No matter your role or department, the work you do each day helps share the future of education and improves the lives of students and teachers.
- Empathy: Newsela values empathy, understanding and respecting the diverse perspectives and experiences of its users and employees.
- Inclusivity: Newsela is committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels valued and supported, regardless of their background or identity.
- Curiosity: Newsela fosters a culture of curiosity, encouraging employees to ask questions, seek knowledge, and continuously learn and grow.
- Impact: Newsela strives to make a positive impact on education, empowering students and educators with the tools and resources they need to succeed.
Chief Customer and Revenue Officer
Co-Founder & Chief Academic Officer
Founder & Chief Executive Officer