This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The Director of Product Design at Articulate will be responsible for providing strategic direction and vision for the product design team, aligning design efforts with business objectives. They will lead and mentor a team of product designers, fostering growth and innovation. Additionally, they will champion a user-centered approach to design, ensuring a seamless and delightful customer journey. The Director of Product Design will also oversee the integration of brand elements into product design and drive a culture of collaboration within the organization.
- Provide strategic direction and vision for the product design team, aligning design efforts with roadmap and overall business objectives.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, including product managers, engineers, and executive leadership to define design strategies that meet customer needs and increase product engagement.
- Lead, inspire, and mentor a team of product designers, nurturing their skills, and fostering growth and strategic opportunities for innovation.
- Map growth opportunities for the team, provide thoughtful feedback, identify areas for improvement, and offer an expert perspective within product design critiques to drive high-quality, iterative, and customer-focused design.
- Support and motivate the team to manage deadlines in collaboration with product and engineering partners to reliably deliver against roadmap goals.
- Champion a user-centered approach to design, ensuring the end-to-end customer journey is seamless, intuitive, and delightful across the platform.
- Collaborate with product and internal customer teams to build a close connection to customers, understand user needs, and incorporate actionable insights into the design process.
- Oversee the integration of brand elements into product design, maintaining consistency and cohesiveness across all touchpoints.
- Ensure that the design team adheres to established design guidelines and best practices. Be an advocate for design excellence and experiential best practices throughout the company.
- Foster a collaborative culture that encourages open communication and effective cross-functional teamwork. Help shape processes and approach to good design to bring exceptional work to life.
- Lead ideation sessions and emphasize the importance of live problem-solving with members of design and cross-functional teams. Be willing to roll up your sleeves and demonstrate solutions by example.
- Implement design quality assurance processes to maintain high design standards and consistency in product deliverables in accordance with design systems and brand guidelines.
- Keep abreast of design trends and industry developments, incorporating relevant advancements into the team's workflow.
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, or related field
- Proven track record with 15+ years in product design with at least 5+ years experience managing or leading product design teams
- Exceptional understanding of user-centered design principles, UI design principles, and best practices
- Demonstrated expertise in crafting cohesive, exceptional customer experiences across digital products
- Strong ability to think strategically and translate business objectives into customer-focused design solutions
- Experience in conducting user research and leveraging insights to inform design decisions
- Excellent leadership, communication, and presentation skills, with the ability to influence and inspire cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Strategically minded individual who seeks new opportunities to make an impact
- Passionate about end-to-end customer experience holistic of product and brand
- A compassionate doer who seeks to improve our processes and regularly works to identify areas to maximize team efficiency
- Great team player, highly self-motivated. Ability to collaborate closely with product managers, product designers, engineers, and copywriters
- Resilient, reliable, and optimistic
- Previous experience working in a SaaS or software product led company
- Familiarity with design systems and their implementation to scale design efforts
- Knowledge of front-end development technologies and their impact on design decisions
- Competitive salary range of $201,000 to $301,400
- Bonus eligibility
- Robust suite of benefits (full list available on the website)
- Strategic design leadership role
- Opportunity to drive the design direction of products
- Support and mentorship for a team of product designers
- Collaboration with stakeholders to define design strategies
- Seamless, intuitive, and delightful end-to-end customer journey
- Integration of brand elements into product design
- Adherence to established design guidelines and best practices
- Culture of collaboration and open communication
- Emphasis on live problem-solving and ideation sessions
- Implementation of design quality assurance processes
- Opportunity to stay updated on design trends and industry developments
- Opportunity to make an impact and improve processes
- Collaboration with cross-functional teams (product managers, engineers, copywriters)
- Resilient, reliable, and optimistic work environment