This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The job overview for the Director of Information Technology Engineering role is to lead and manage multiple IT engineering teams responsible for implementing and maintaining Fictiv's back office systems. This includes evaluating, selecting, and integrating systems to ensure data integrity and streamline processes. The role involves collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders, hiring and managing team members, and driving the strategic direction of IT engineering investments. The Director will also be responsible for establishing team processes, resolving obstacles, and creating a resilient and high-performing remote organization.
- Install, configure, and customize Fictiv's back office systems used in various functional areas of the business.
- Ensure that back office systems are operating properly, maintained, and up to date.
- Implement new design and architecture for Fictiv's back office systems.
- Evaluate, select, and integrate systems to support data integrity and information flow.
- Ingest data from homegrown systems and map it into standardized formats.
- Screen, hire, and manage team members based in Fictiv's India offices and vet global contract resources.
- Partner with IT Business Analysts and Product Owners to understand team composition and skill set requirements.
- Understand project requirements and implementation timelines.
- Provide thought leadership and mentoring for the team to create secure and scalable solutions.
- Partner with the CIO and Head of Engineering to support solutions engineering between IT and Product.
- Build a resilient and high-performing remote organization for IT engineers.
- Lead and deliver on strategic initiatives and align organizational efforts.
- Establish and improve team processes for iterative delivery, innovation, and high reliability.
- Resolve obstacles to team health, system performance, and delivery.
- Foster a culture of transparency, safety, and growth.
- Work with customers to determine when to outsource for skills and resources.
- Manage work across in-house and external resources for alignment and coordination.
- Plan team and project budgets, including staffing and software acquisition costs.
- Create cross-functional trust relationships and provide support for successful rollouts.
- Drive the strategic direction of IT engineering investments.
- Identify opportunities to increase business value through off-the-shelf/back office software support.
- Make data-driven decisions and justify and defend those decisions.
- Meet targets based on timelines and estimates.
- Triage, prioritize, and solve urgent issues under pressure.
- Lead service and process improvement sessions with a development team.
- Present technical information to groups with mixed levels of understanding.
- Build trust-based relationships with business stakeholders.
- Manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Recommend actionable insights from projects and lead projects autonomously.
- Drive standards and best practices across the organization.
- Lead a team towards high-quality decisions when there are differing perspectives.
- Provide business context for engineers and highlight technical challenges for non-engineers.
- Demonstrate problem-solving, decision-making, and critical thinking skills.
- Collaborate and work as a team player.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Exhibit initiative, integrity, and empathy.
- Work with a diverse group of people with strong opinions.
- Be resourceful and able to resolve issues.
- Deliver strong presentations and public speaking.
- Be a self-starter and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Experience in leading and managing IT engineering teams
- Ability to screen, hire, and manage team members
- Familiarity with IT development business needs
- Understanding of project requirements and implementation timelines
- Knowledge of secure and scalable solutions
- Collaboration with Chief Information Officer (CIO) and Head of Engineering (VP)
- Ability to build a resilient and high-performing remote organization
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize urgent issues
- Experience in process improvement and presenting to diverse groups
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Initiative, integrity, and empathy
- Comfortable with ambiguity and constantly learning
- Excellent problem solving, decision-making, and critical thinking skills
- Collaborative and a team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Leadership skills and considered a leader by peers
- Exhibits initiative, integrity, and empathy
- Comfortable working with a diverse group of people with strong opinions
- Resourceful and able to resolve issues
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Self-starter and comfortable with ambiguity
- Customer service mentality
- Methodical and thorough in written documentation and communication
- Culture-oriented and enjoys working with people
- Opportunity to work with a globally distributed team
- Opportunity to work with both direct and contractor resources
- Opportunity to work with a diverse group of people
- Opportunity to work on cross-functional initiatives
- Opportunity for continuous improvement in an iterative environment
- Opportunity to travel to remote sites in the US, India, Mexico, EU, and China (less than 25% travel)
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.