This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
Blue Water Thinking is seeking an experienced and dedicated Modeler to join their team, supporting a large program within the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). The ideal candidate should have a strong background in data analysis and at least 5 years of experience performing research in clinical or scientific topics. The responsibilities of this role include conducting data analysis, developing data models, collaborating with stakeholders, improving data models, and supporting the development of feasibility studies. The successful candidate will have a passion for making a real-world impact.
- Conduct data analysis to provide insights for clinical or scientific topics.
- Develop data models to extrapolate and make projections to guide future recommendations.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure data models support business decisions.
- Continually improve data models based on evolving requirements and feedback.
- Support the development of feasibility studies based on data modeling results.
- Bachelor's degree in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related field, or 8 years of relevant experience
- At least 5 years of experience in research, preferably related to clinical or scientific topics
- Proven ability to extrapolate data and make projections
- Experience working with government contracts and stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement complex data models
- Master's degree or higher in a related field (preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of statistical software, data mining tools, and data visualization tools (preferred)
- Experience in the healthcare sector (preferred)
- Previous experience working with the Department of Veterans Affairs or military health systems (preferred)
- Experience managing projects that involve the integration of medical, behavioral, and social health systems (preferred)
- Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision)
- Paid time off
- Federal holidays
- Matching 401K plan