This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The job overview for this role is that HyperionDev is seeking a passionate and experienced Coding Mentor to join their team. The mentor will play a key role in delivering online coding education as part of HyperionDev's coding bootcamps, helping students from around the world learn how to code. The mentor will provide rapid and high-quality mentorship support, review code submissions, have 1:1 calls with students, and manage activity on student forums. The role requires strong technical knowledge, patience, empathy, commitment to student progress, and excellent communication skills. Joining HyperionDev offers the opportunity to make a transformative impact in students' lives and progress along a well-defined career path as a coding educator.
- Providing rapid and high quality mentorship support to students via live chat, email, online tutorial sessions, and online 1:1 support calls
- Reviewing code submitted by students and providing them comprehensive feedback in line with our world-class code review process
- Having 1:1 calls with students to help them through tricky problems and keep them motivated
- Monitoring and managing activity on student forums and the HyperionDev Students community
- Adding resources and responding to students on Discord, keeping inline with new shipped content at all times
- Ensuring speedy responses to all questions asked
- Receiving training on advanced level curriculum and new technology stacks introduced in each of our bootcamps
- Reviewing and updating course content and teaching methods
- Assisting the Education Lead in new strategies for improving the pedagogical processes of our online coding bootcamps to improve student completion rates and retention
- Overseeing the progress, performance, and journey of students on a monthly basis through one of our online coding bootcamp tracks
- Identifying and implementing new strategies for improving student completion rates and retention
- Preparing and delivering regular online tutorials sessions/workshops to cement specific topics identified as challenging by students and other mentors
- Creating additional resources that includes videos tutorials, reading material, assessments, etc, to ensure students are getting the best possible learning experience
- Supporting student success with student queries and responding to these
- Assisting in the identification and utilization of Student Champions or Assisting Mentors who will be top students who will assist on Discord.
- Generous annual leave and medical benefits
- Join the heart of tech in Africa, the US, and Europe
- Life-changing work
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.