This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The Account Executive (K-12 Sales) at Varsity Tutors will play a crucial role in expanding the company's K-12 institutional business. They will be responsible for building relationships with key decision makers at the school district level and selling Varsity Tutors' suite of products to bring live-learning solutions to students district-wide. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the K-12 education landscape, including funding, state initiatives, demographics, and the procurement process for K-12 schools. They will use a process-driven approach to drive organic growth and develop new procurement strategies in the remote K-12 market. This role requires occasional travel and the ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders.
- Builds and manages a sales pipeline with schools to drive organic growth of the K-12 business.
- Develops and executes a prospecting strategy that sources new business opportunities through cold calling, client referrals, emails, and networking.
- Maintains expertise in product knowledge of Varsity Tutors' product suite, the educational industry, and factors influencing the market environment.
- Engages key stakeholders using effective consultative techniques including pre-call planning and productive questioning strategies that lead to winning business.
- Conducts consultative sales conversations to understand customer needs, highlight Varsity Tutors differentiators, and provide product recommendations that meet the needs of school clients.
- Drives sales qui
- 4+ years of successful education-sales experience
- Bachelor-level degree in any major
- Intermediate or advanced proficiency demonstrating technology-based learning solutions
- Proficiency in Google Workspace, web-based presentation tools, CRM, and video-conference tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong customer-relations skills and high emotional intelligence
- 100% remote company
- 60% travel required
- Three-tier compensation package: Competitive base, variable compensation, and company equity (restricted stock units)
- Healthcare plans (medical, dental, vision, and life insurance)
- 401K-matching plan
- Flexible PTO
- 52 hours of free tutoring per year for you or your immediate family members
- Equal opportunity employer
This is some text inside of a div block.